Jan 14, 2014, 9:56 AM EDT
Carmelo Anthony had just finished an exhausting overtime game against the Suns on Monday, one in which he played almost 46 minutes and finished with 29 points and 16 rebounds in leading his team to its fifth straight win.
You can imagine, then, how he might have felt near the end of his walk-off interview when it was mentioned that the Knicks would be playing on the road the very next night.
Anthony dropped the most benign of four-letter words on live television when the subject came up, before flashing his signature smile and walking away, ending the discussion with MSG Network’s Tina Cervasio.
“Alright, another game tomorrow, thank you, Carmelo,” Cervasio said.
“We’ve got another game tomorrow? S—,” was Anthony’s response.
No harm here, obviously. It was a light-hearted moment, and a rare one that felt real as opposed to the usually simple cliches we’re used to being fed.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20