Jan 14, 2014, 9:56 AM EDT
Carmelo Anthony had just finished an exhausting overtime game against the Suns on Monday, one in which he played almost 46 minutes and finished with 29 points and 16 rebounds in leading his team to its fifth straight win.
You can imagine, then, how he might have felt near the end of his walk-off interview when it was mentioned that the Knicks would be playing on the road the very next night.
Anthony dropped the most benign of four-letter words on live television when the subject came up, before flashing his signature smile and walking away, ending the discussion with MSG Network’s Tina Cervasio.
“Alright, another game tomorrow, thank you, Carmelo,” Cervasio said.
“We’ve got another game tomorrow? S—,” was Anthony’s response.
No harm here, obviously. It was a light-hearted moment, and a rare one that felt real as opposed to the usually simple cliches we’re used to being fed.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50