Jan 14, 2014, 9:56 AM EDT
Carmelo Anthony had just finished an exhausting overtime game against the Suns on Monday, one in which he played almost 46 minutes and finished with 29 points and 16 rebounds in leading his team to its fifth straight win.
You can imagine, then, how he might have felt near the end of his walk-off interview when it was mentioned that the Knicks would be playing on the road the very next night.
Anthony dropped the most benign of four-letter words on live television when the subject came up, before flashing his signature smile and walking away, ending the discussion with MSG Network’s Tina Cervasio.
“Alright, another game tomorrow, thank you, Carmelo,” Cervasio said.
“We’ve got another game tomorrow? S—,” was Anthony’s response.
No harm here, obviously. It was a light-hearted moment, and a rare one that felt real as opposed to the usually simple cliches we’re used to being fed.
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 0
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 7
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 53
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9