Jan 14, 2014, 9:56 AM EDT
Carmelo Anthony had just finished an exhausting overtime game against the Suns on Monday, one in which he played almost 46 minutes and finished with 29 points and 16 rebounds in leading his team to its fifth straight win.
You can imagine, then, how he might have felt near the end of his walk-off interview when it was mentioned that the Knicks would be playing on the road the very next night.
Anthony dropped the most benign of four-letter words on live television when the subject came up, before flashing his signature smile and walking away, ending the discussion with MSG Network’s Tina Cervasio.
“Alright, another game tomorrow, thank you, Carmelo,” Cervasio said.
“We’ve got another game tomorrow? S—,” was Anthony’s response.
No harm here, obviously. It was a light-hearted moment, and a rare one that felt real as opposed to the usually simple cliches we’re used to being fed.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18