Jan 14, 2014, 9:56 AM EDT
Carmelo Anthony had just finished an exhausting overtime game against the Suns on Monday, one in which he played almost 46 minutes and finished with 29 points and 16 rebounds in leading his team to its fifth straight win.
You can imagine, then, how he might have felt near the end of his walk-off interview when it was mentioned that the Knicks would be playing on the road the very next night.
Anthony dropped the most benign of four-letter words on live television when the subject came up, before flashing his signature smile and walking away, ending the discussion with MSG Network’s Tina Cervasio.
“Alright, another game tomorrow, thank you, Carmelo,” Cervasio said.
“We’ve got another game tomorrow? S—,” was Anthony’s response.
No harm here, obviously. It was a light-hearted moment, and a rare one that felt real as opposed to the usually simple cliches we’re used to being fed.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 20
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 67
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8