Jan 13, 2014, 1:39 AM EDT
Our quick look around the NBA, or what you missed while you were wondering exactly how a guy gets high of cans of dust cleaner…
Isaiah Thomas, Sacramento Kings. He just completely outplayed All-Star starting point guard in the East this year Kyrie Irving. No, this doesn’t mean Thomas is better than Irving overall, even Kings fans (and Pizza Guy) would flip those two in a heartbeat. But for one night, Thomas was the better player — he was smoother, had a more focused control of his team’s offense, and he knocked down everything it seemed. Thomas finished with 26 points (Irving had 7 points on 3-of-14 shooting).
Mike Conley, Memphis Grizzlies. Clutch isn’t just hitting a buzzer beating game winner, clutch is showing up when your team needs you. Memphis needed Mike Conley early in the start of the fourth quarter and he was clutch. Atlanta had gone on a 16-0 run and taken the lead when Conley returned to the game and proceeded to take charge — he either scored or assisted on 23 of the next 25 Grizzlies points led them back to the win. He finished the night with 21 points and 13 assists.
Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs. He had quite the night with 14 points and 10 assists — a season high in dimes for him — plus he even blocked a couple shots. There were times the Spurs were sloppy in this one, but Parker got the offense under control, the team started to execute and by the second half the Spurs pulled away to another comfortable win.
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 6
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 19
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 46
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22