Jan 13, 2014, 1:39 AM EST
Our quick look around the NBA, or what you missed while you were wondering exactly how a guy gets high of cans of dust cleaner…
Isaiah Thomas, Sacramento Kings. He just completely outplayed All-Star starting point guard in the East this year Kyrie Irving. No, this doesn’t mean Thomas is better than Irving overall, even Kings fans (and Pizza Guy) would flip those two in a heartbeat. But for one night, Thomas was the better player — he was smoother, had a more focused control of his team’s offense, and he knocked down everything it seemed. Thomas finished with 26 points (Irving had 7 points on 3-of-14 shooting).
Mike Conley, Memphis Grizzlies. Clutch isn’t just hitting a buzzer beating game winner, clutch is showing up when your team needs you. Memphis needed Mike Conley early in the start of the fourth quarter and he was clutch. Atlanta had gone on a 16-0 run and taken the lead when Conley returned to the game and proceeded to take charge — he either scored or assisted on 23 of the next 25 Grizzlies points led them back to the win. He finished the night with 21 points and 13 assists.
Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs. He had quite the night with 14 points and 10 assists — a season high in dimes for him — plus he even blocked a couple shots. There were times the Spurs were sloppy in this one, but Parker got the offense under control, the team started to execute and by the second half the Spurs pulled away to another comfortable win.
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 0
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 5
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 48
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 17
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 28