Jan 13, 2014, 1:52 PM EDT
Memphis is four games back of the final playoff spot in the West and they need to jump at least three teams to grab a spot.
Good news that the will get Marc Gasol back soon.
The NBA’s reigning defensive player of the year will go through a full practice with the Grizzlies on Monday, reports well connected Memphis radio personality Chris Vernon. Gasol has been doing light workouts recently but how he responds to this full contact practice will help determine how soon he gets back on the court.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Memphis is at home Tuesday against Oklahoma City, head up to Milwaukee for a back-to-back, then are home Friday against Sacramento and DeMarcus Cousins. Not sure you’d throw Gasol into a back-to-back to start out, as he needs to get his conditioning back, but after that the schedule is fairly light and it might work.
The Grizzlies have won three of four (the only loss was in overtime to the Spurs) and have been doing it with offense — they have put up more than 100 points in five straight games.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 11
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 22
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30