Jan 13, 2014, 1:52 PM EDT
Memphis is four games back of the final playoff spot in the West and they need to jump at least three teams to grab a spot.
Good news that the will get Marc Gasol back soon.
The NBA’s reigning defensive player of the year will go through a full practice with the Grizzlies on Monday, reports well connected Memphis radio personality Chris Vernon. Gasol has been doing light workouts recently but how he responds to this full contact practice will help determine how soon he gets back on the court.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Memphis is at home Tuesday against Oklahoma City, head up to Milwaukee for a back-to-back, then are home Friday against Sacramento and DeMarcus Cousins. Not sure you’d throw Gasol into a back-to-back to start out, as he needs to get his conditioning back, but after that the schedule is fairly light and it might work.
The Grizzlies have won three of four (the only loss was in overtime to the Spurs) and have been doing it with offense — they have put up more than 100 points in five straight games.
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 0
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 12
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 19
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 52
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32