Jan 13, 2014, 1:52 PM EDT
Memphis is four games back of the final playoff spot in the West and they need to jump at least three teams to grab a spot.
Good news that the will get Marc Gasol back soon.
The NBA’s reigning defensive player of the year will go through a full practice with the Grizzlies on Monday, reports well connected Memphis radio personality Chris Vernon. Gasol has been doing light workouts recently but how he responds to this full contact practice will help determine how soon he gets back on the court.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Memphis is at home Tuesday against Oklahoma City, head up to Milwaukee for a back-to-back, then are home Friday against Sacramento and DeMarcus Cousins. Not sure you’d throw Gasol into a back-to-back to start out, as he needs to get his conditioning back, but after that the schedule is fairly light and it might work.
The Grizzlies have won three of four (the only loss was in overtime to the Spurs) and have been doing it with offense — they have put up more than 100 points in five straight games.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70