Jan 13, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
The Knicks are on a hot streak, that in spite of the injury to Tyson Chandler and the distraction that is J.R. Smith. In this latest edition of PBT Extra Kay Adams asks be about the reality of the J.R. Smith trade rumors, which were really a bluff by the Knicks more than anything.
Then we talk Clippers, who are 3-1 without Chris Paul, but the real tests start for them this week.
Finally we get to the interesting topic of Kevin Love, his recent outburst and the Timberwolves struggles this season — the bottom line is could he bolt in the summer of 2015? Maybe. If Minnesota is going to keep him they need to win so much he doesn’t want to leave, and the Timberwolves are closer to that than it looks.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 16
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 25
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14