Jan 13, 2014, 2:17 AM EDT
Self-deprecating humor is always appreciated.
The 2011 NBA Finals was before the Miami Heat as a team — and LeBron James himself — realized they needed to just have LeBron take over the offense if they wanted to reach the next level. LeBron wasn’t terrible in that series against Dallas — 17.8 points per game and a true shooting percentage of 54.1.
But it isn’t what LeBron grew into the next couple years, the guy that led his team over the next step.
And that performance was pretty sleep inducing.
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 30
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 14
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 19
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 14