Jan 13, 2014, 2:17 AM EDT
Self-deprecating humor is always appreciated.
The 2011 NBA Finals was before the Miami Heat as a team — and LeBron James himself — realized they needed to just have LeBron take over the offense if they wanted to reach the next level. LeBron wasn’t terrible in that series against Dallas — 17.8 points per game and a true shooting percentage of 54.1.
But it isn’t what LeBron grew into the next couple years, the guy that led his team over the next step.
And that performance was pretty sleep inducing.
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 19
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 39
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 7
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 24
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11