Jan 13, 2014, 2:17 AM EDT
Self-deprecating humor is always appreciated.
The 2011 NBA Finals was before the Miami Heat as a team — and LeBron James himself — realized they needed to just have LeBron take over the offense if they wanted to reach the next level. LeBron wasn’t terrible in that series against Dallas — 17.8 points per game and a true shooting percentage of 54.1.
But it isn’t what LeBron grew into the next couple years, the guy that led his team over the next step.
And that performance was pretty sleep inducing.
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 0
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 18
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 46
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 59
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 72
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 40
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3