Jan 13, 2014, 2:17 AM EST
Self-deprecating humor is always appreciated.
The 2011 NBA Finals was before the Miami Heat as a team — and LeBron James himself — realized they needed to just have LeBron take over the offense if they wanted to reach the next level. LeBron wasn’t terrible in that series against Dallas — 17.8 points per game and a true shooting percentage of 54.1.
But it isn’t what LeBron grew into the next couple years, the guy that led his team over the next step.
And that performance was pretty sleep inducing.
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 0
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 12
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41