Jan 12, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
But the speed with which Conley makes his decision to use the move, and then the explosiveness to leave Mack in the dust and get to the basket were both above average in terms of their impressiveness.
I also enjoyed the personal escort Paul Millsap gave Conley to ensure no other Hawks defenders bothered him on his way to the layup. That should be a fun thing for coaches to point out in Atlanta’s film study Monday morning.
Conley finished with 21 points and 13 assists in the Grizzlies’ 108-101 win over the Hawks.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 2
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1