Jan 12, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
But the speed with which Conley makes his decision to use the move, and then the explosiveness to leave Mack in the dust and get to the basket were both above average in terms of their impressiveness.
I also enjoyed the personal escort Paul Millsap gave Conley to ensure no other Hawks defenders bothered him on his way to the layup. That should be a fun thing for coaches to point out in Atlanta’s film study Monday morning.
Conley finished with 21 points and 13 assists in the Grizzlies’ 108-101 win over the Hawks.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 19
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49