Jan 12, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
But the speed with which Conley makes his decision to use the move, and then the explosiveness to leave Mack in the dust and get to the basket were both above average in terms of their impressiveness.
I also enjoyed the personal escort Paul Millsap gave Conley to ensure no other Hawks defenders bothered him on his way to the layup. That should be a fun thing for coaches to point out in Atlanta’s film study Monday morning.
Conley finished with 21 points and 13 assists in the Grizzlies’ 108-101 win over the Hawks.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 0
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 6
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 30
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34