Jan 12, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
In the second quarter of the Bucks’ loss to the Thunder on Saturday, Larry Sanders took himself out of the game.
He delivered a couple of elbows above the neck to OKC’s Steven Adams, and the refs saw that activity and ruled it a flagrant foul. After video review, they determined it was a flagrant two foul, which comes with it an automatic ejection.
“It’s the refs’ job to kind of calm things down so I think that’s what they were trying to do,” Sanders said.
The Thunder won easily by a final of 101-85, in a game they led by as many as 17 points.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 0
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 9
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 0
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 26
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29