Jan 12, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
In the second quarter of the Bucks’ loss to the Thunder on Saturday, Larry Sanders took himself out of the game.
He delivered a couple of elbows above the neck to OKC’s Steven Adams, and the refs saw that activity and ruled it a flagrant foul. After video review, they determined it was a flagrant two foul, which comes with it an automatic ejection.
“It’s the refs’ job to kind of calm things down so I think that’s what they were trying to do,” Sanders said.
The Thunder won easily by a final of 101-85, in a game they led by as many as 17 points.
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 4
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 19
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 9
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 18
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6