Jan 12, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
It’s a light schedule for the Nets this week, with just one game on the calendar against the Atlanta Hawks. But it’s being played in London at The O2, and it doesn’t make sense for their injured star point guard to make the flight lasting almost seven hours just to sit and watch.
Deron Williams will not be traveling with the Nets to London this week, the team announced.
It will be the fifth straight game Williams has missed with more ankle injuries, this time opting for cortisone and platelet-rich plasma injections that are aimed in allowing him to return to the floor for the remainder of the season.
The Nets had won five straight games before falling to the Raptors on the road Saturday, just one night after needing double overtime to defeat the Miami Heat.
Williams will have missed 16 games so far this season due to injuries once Thursday’s contest against the Hawks is in the books. He’s averaged 13.6 points and 6.9 assists in 30.2 minutes per contest.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6