Jan 12, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
It’s a light schedule for the Nets this week, with just one game on the calendar against the Atlanta Hawks. But it’s being played in London at The O2, and it doesn’t make sense for their injured star point guard to make the flight lasting almost seven hours just to sit and watch.
Deron Williams will not be traveling with the Nets to London this week, the team announced.
It will be the fifth straight game Williams has missed with more ankle injuries, this time opting for cortisone and platelet-rich plasma injections that are aimed in allowing him to return to the floor for the remainder of the season.
The Nets had won five straight games before falling to the Raptors on the road Saturday, just one night after needing double overtime to defeat the Miami Heat.
Williams will have missed 16 games so far this season due to injuries once Thursday’s contest against the Hawks is in the books. He’s averaged 13.6 points and 6.9 assists in 30.2 minutes per contest.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 22
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 22
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4