Stephen Curry drains game winner to beat Celtics (VIDEO)

Jan 11, 2014, 7:58 AM EDT

I’m feeling a little prophetic. It was late in the fourth quarter Friday night and Boston’s Jeff Green had just made a nice play, driving toward the rim and hitting the little five-foot running jumper to tie the game against Golden State at 97-97. But that left 11 seconds for the Warriors and I had a feeling.

Sure enough.

What I like best here is Golden State doesn’t just go 1-4 flat and iso Curry, who has a good defender on him in Avery Bradley. Instead they bring up David Lee early for a quick pick-and-roll to force a switch (late in games teams switch every P&R) and get a better matchup. In this case Kris Humphries switches out on Curry and he has to be back a little because he’s not quick enough to cut off Curry on the drive. So, Curry drains the long two right over the top of him.

Gerald Wallace tried a contested three as the clock expired, missed, and you have another dramatic Golden State win.

1. davidly - Jan 11, 2014 at 8:31 AM

It’d be cool to have a shooter’s cam version of stuff like this.

2. obmig - Jan 11, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Every time I see someone get a highlight on the C’s it’s against Humphries. Poor guy.

3. ptsportsdebate - Jan 11, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Humphries has zero chance on that switch. I guess as I typed that I realize the Celts have to play Kris Humphries in crunch time, ouch.
    Sorry for Jabari, Riggin for Wiggins, Shart for Smart, Scandal for Randle

4. jimeejohnson - Jan 11, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Balance of power west of I-5 is not with the Lakers nowadays. Clippers own SoCal while the Warriors own NorCal. At least Lakers fans have their memories! Cue the wee-wee in 3,2,1…

5. money2long - Jan 11, 2014 at 3:50 PM

been my favorite pg since his rookie season

Top 10 NBA Player Searches