Jan 11, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
We’re not supposed to have rain delays in the NBA, but when a roof leak causes water to rain onto the court, the conditions obviously become unsafe for the players.
That’s what happened in D.C. on Saturday at the Verizon Center, where a leak caused an extended delay in the action. The Associated Press noted that two large trash cans were placed at center court near the scorer’s table to try to collect the water, and that several people appeared to be in the rafters attempting to fix the problem.
Dwight Howard did his best to keep the entertainment going, and played with the Wizards mascot and a child on the basketball court during some of the down time.
Eventually, the issue was resolved and play resumed.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 46
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18