Jan 11, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Hedo Turkoglu wasn’t a part of the futre in Orlando, and as a result, the Magic let him know that before the season began and allowed him to remain away from the team until he was either dealt or waived.
When no one was willing to offer anything in trade for Turkoglu, the Magic decided to waive him last week. The Clippers expressed interest initially, and followed through with having him in for a workout which apparently impressed head coach Doc Rivers.
The Clippers also brought in forward Hedo Turkoglu for a meeting and a workout Thursday. They liked what they saw but don’t plan on signing him anytime soon. The Clippers would have to cut a player to make room for any new additions.
“He made shots from everywhere,” Rivers said of Turkoglu. “He looked good. It was a good workout, but we’re not doing anything anytime soon, but he did look good.”
Rivers has said he’s averse to change, but obviously not all that much. The Clippers recently brought in Stephen Jackson to try to bolster the bench, before waiving him last week.
Turkoglu has played 13 NBA seasons, and has career averages of 11.9 points, 4.2 rebounds, and 3.1 assists in 28.5 minutes per contest.
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 6
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35