Jan 11, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Hedo Turkoglu wasn’t a part of the futre in Orlando, and as a result, the Magic let him know that before the season began and allowed him to remain away from the team until he was either dealt or waived.
When no one was willing to offer anything in trade for Turkoglu, the Magic decided to waive him last week. The Clippers expressed interest initially, and followed through with having him in for a workout which apparently impressed head coach Doc Rivers.
The Clippers also brought in forward Hedo Turkoglu for a meeting and a workout Thursday. They liked what they saw but don’t plan on signing him anytime soon. The Clippers would have to cut a player to make room for any new additions.
“He made shots from everywhere,” Rivers said of Turkoglu. “He looked good. It was a good workout, but we’re not doing anything anytime soon, but he did look good.”
Rivers has said he’s averse to change, but obviously not all that much. The Clippers recently brought in Stephen Jackson to try to bolster the bench, before waiving him last week.
Turkoglu has played 13 NBA seasons, and has career averages of 11.9 points, 4.2 rebounds, and 3.1 assists in 28.5 minutes per contest.
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 0
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 24
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 19
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 21
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31