Jan 11, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Hedo Turkoglu wasn’t a part of the futre in Orlando, and as a result, the Magic let him know that before the season began and allowed him to remain away from the team until he was either dealt or waived.
When no one was willing to offer anything in trade for Turkoglu, the Magic decided to waive him last week. The Clippers expressed interest initially, and followed through with having him in for a workout which apparently impressed head coach Doc Rivers.
The Clippers also brought in forward Hedo Turkoglu for a meeting and a workout Thursday. They liked what they saw but don’t plan on signing him anytime soon. The Clippers would have to cut a player to make room for any new additions.
“He made shots from everywhere,” Rivers said of Turkoglu. “He looked good. It was a good workout, but we’re not doing anything anytime soon, but he did look good.”
Rivers has said he’s averse to change, but obviously not all that much. The Clippers recently brought in Stephen Jackson to try to bolster the bench, before waiving him last week.
Turkoglu has played 13 NBA seasons, and has career averages of 11.9 points, 4.2 rebounds, and 3.1 assists in 28.5 minutes per contest.
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 4
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 7
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 5
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 31