Drake has a suit jacket lined with vintage Vince Carter Raptors jersey (PHOTO)

Jan 11, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT

It’s Drake Night in Toronto as the Raptors host the Nets on Saturday, and the Canadian recording artist who has taken the job of rebranding the franchise pulled out all the stops when getting his personal wardrobe together for the special occasion.

That’s an old school Vince Carter jersey stitched into his jacket lining, a reminder of the best times the Raptors saw in terms of the team’s on-court success.

1. peterjohnjoseph - Jan 11, 2014 at 8:08 PM

I miss that Vince Carter.. Man that guy was unreal. He’s really remolded himself nicely the last few years, but my god, back then I thought at any moment that guy could’ve backflipped over a defender’s head if he wanted to. Nice guy too. Almost too nice at times. His brother really wore him down down mentally, but he still kept going for him, starting all kinds of organizations and rehabs for addicts. An athlete among mere mortals, I honestly thought he’d never come down to Earth.

• miamiheatdynasty - Jan 11, 2014 at 8:11 PM

When u think about it, Lebron has VC’ athleticism.

• peterjohnjoseph - Jan 11, 2014 at 9:25 PM

The problem is I don’t think about it.

Although I do reminisce every few months about how the 2000 Dunk Contest was God-Like.

2. thundergunxpres - Jan 11, 2014 at 8:18 PM

Why are we thinking about that?

3. hildezero - Jan 11, 2014 at 8:50 PM

XD In the picture, Drake looks like he has a big hand with 7 fingers and flipping a bird.

4. 32magicman - Jan 11, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Bring back his puma signature kicks!

• peterjohnjoseph - Jan 11, 2014 at 9:27 PM

and that was my second or third favorite thing about Vince Carter…

5. JMClarkent - Jan 11, 2014 at 9:39 PM

One can only hope that he also has a John WItherspoon “Mushroom Suit”.

6. jhuck92 - Jan 11, 2014 at 9:59 PM

I thought Drake was a Heat fan

• peterjohnjoseph - Jan 12, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Dude, he’s Canadian. Since the Grizzlies left Vancouver they only have one team. It just so happens that in 2001 when the Raptors were the only team in the land, Vince Carter was tearing it up as superhuman levels. It gave those Canadians something to root for, since it would be 12 years until Kelly Olynyk would be drafted by the Celtics to represent. (That was a joke..)

7. csilojohnson - Jan 11, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Was the event sponsered by Disney?

8. asimonetti88 - Jan 11, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Those jerseys were awesome

9. rickyspanish - Jan 11, 2014 at 11:07 PM

peterjohnjoseph

That was a wonderful comment. Too many negative nellies running amok these days.

• peterjohnjoseph - Jan 12, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Thank you.

With that, I must admit I’m also a pretty negative, sarcastic ass most of the time.. but I have a soft side.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches