Jan 10, 2014, 5:54 PM EDT
The question has been: How good will the Celtics be with Rajon Rondo in the lineup?
We may find out sooner rather than later. Rondo is targeting a Jan. 17 return from ACL surgery in a game against the rival Lakers, reports Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports.
Rajon Rondo is targeting the Boston Celtics’ Jan. 17 home game against the Los Angeles Lakers for his possible season debut, league sources told Yahoo Sports….
“I feel like I’m ready now, but I’m not in shape,” he said. “I can go out there and I can give the team 10 minutes. I want to be productive out there. I don’t want to limp or drag behind because of my cardio. That would be hurting the team.
Earlier in the day Rondo had said he planed to return before the All-Star Break, reports CSNNE.com.
Rondo said that he is feeling confident, but that he needs to get his conditioning up to par. While there had been talk of him doing a rehab assignment with the Maine Red Claws of the D-League that seems to have faded.
Boston could use Rondo’s playmaking and skills on the court.
“We’re really looking forward to getting him back on the court,” Brandon Bass told ProBasketballTalk. “I think he’s huge for the team. He’s a veteran player, he’s been on winning teams, he’s won a championship, and he’s one of those pieces that when you add him to your team he simplifies things. He makes things easier for everybody. On good teams everybody doesn’t have to make all the decisions, Rondo simplifies things like he did for Hall of Famers and like he’ll do for second and third year players. And ninth year players like myself.”
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 2
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 5
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6