Jan 10, 2014, 5:54 PM EDT
The question has been: How good will the Celtics be with Rajon Rondo in the lineup?
We may find out sooner rather than later. Rondo is targeting a Jan. 17 return from ACL surgery in a game against the rival Lakers, reports Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports.
Rajon Rondo is targeting the Boston Celtics’ Jan. 17 home game against the Los Angeles Lakers for his possible season debut, league sources told Yahoo Sports….
“I feel like I’m ready now, but I’m not in shape,” he said. “I can go out there and I can give the team 10 minutes. I want to be productive out there. I don’t want to limp or drag behind because of my cardio. That would be hurting the team.
Earlier in the day Rondo had said he planed to return before the All-Star Break, reports CSNNE.com.
Rondo said that he is feeling confident, but that he needs to get his conditioning up to par. While there had been talk of him doing a rehab assignment with the Maine Red Claws of the D-League that seems to have faded.
Boston could use Rondo’s playmaking and skills on the court.
“We’re really looking forward to getting him back on the court,” Brandon Bass told ProBasketballTalk. “I think he’s huge for the team. He’s a veteran player, he’s been on winning teams, he’s won a championship, and he’s one of those pieces that when you add him to your team he simplifies things. He makes things easier for everybody. On good teams everybody doesn’t have to make all the decisions, Rondo simplifies things like he did for Hall of Famers and like he’ll do for second and third year players. And ninth year players like myself.”
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6