Quote of the Day: This Lakers’ season almost driving D’Antoni to drink

Jan 10, 2014, 7:24 PM EDT

Hard to blame Mike D’Antoni if this season hasn’t been a fiesta on Figueroa coaching the Lakers this season — it was going to be a tough season anyway, everything needed to go right for them just to make the postseason. And everything has not gone right. Not even close. They still are without Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash, but hope to get them back at the end of the month.

If this season was almost driving D’Antoni to drink (even jokingly), imagine what it would have done to Don Nelson.

Thanks to Bill Oram of the Orange County Register for the quote.

1. strictlythedanks - Jan 10, 2014 at 7:34 PM

A lil weed never hurt, coach

• nyhammerhead - Jan 11, 2014 at 1:55 AM

After losing by 35+ tonight I’m guess Coach Mike has passed on the beer and gone straight to crack.LOL

2. antistratfordian - Jan 10, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Coaching Kobe will drive anyone to drink.

• musician0785 - Jan 10, 2014 at 7:53 PM

couldn’t help yourself could you troll? Since the article is talking about THIS season and Kobe has only played 6 games, your little unfunny comment makes no sense

• antistratfordian - Jan 10, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Ha. You need to grow some thicker skin. You’re all sensitive and defensive like your homeboy Mamba.

• musician0785 - Jan 10, 2014 at 8:11 PM

and you sir, are a troll

• censoredpost - Jan 10, 2014 at 8:09 PM

LoL. Can you drink out of the Golden Ball? No, you’re thinking of the Stanley Cup. Besides, I hear Phil and Kobe drink it straight from the Bottle.

• antistratfordian - Jan 10, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Stanley what? Nah, I’m thinking that every coach Kobe has ever had would’ve preferred it if he were someone else.

• musician0785 - Jan 10, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Well lets all be glad we aren’t paying you to think

• ranfan12 - Jan 12, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Drove them to drink some of that championship champagne over a good number of years LOL

3. JHathwell - Jan 10, 2014 at 8:48 PM

This blog should think about brinning the banhammer down on some of the more feckless trolls. Kind of hurts the site, IMO>

• 00maltliquor - Jan 10, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Hell nah! I think the trolls make this site too, even if 3/4ths of them are going in on my Lakers. For reals though, I get good, hearty laughs when reading these threads. Plus they start a fire and keep the comments up.

• 00maltliquor - Jan 10, 2014 at 9:26 PM

…which I imagine is good for business at PBT.

4. billtetley53 - Jan 10, 2014 at 8:49 PM

musician; Are you Kobes wife or something? You certainly defend him as such. Get a grip on yourself….on second thought, you probably already have a grip on yourself….Ick

• musician0785 - Jan 10, 2014 at 10:25 PM

I bet you thought that was clever…Am I his wife?…….hmmmmm no, just a guy who enjoys calling out laker trolls

5. dinofrank60 - Jan 10, 2014 at 9:30 PM

I would’ve bet that MDA was drinking already; how can you tell?

As for Nellie, he’d be running out of JD, just about now!

6. aboogy123456 - Jan 10, 2014 at 9:51 PM

It’s all good, no need to win games right now, think about next year and keep playing good team basketball. The one season that the lakers are in the lottery happens to be the best draft in years, and haters say it will take them forever to rebuild, yea right, check your history books. My eyes are on Marcus Smart and Carmelo Anthony.

• dyn0myte - Jan 10, 2014 at 11:43 PM

“…My eyes are on Marcus Smart and Carmelo Anthony…”

My eyes are on Jimmie Buss.

Game. Set. Match.

7. lakerprideko - Jan 11, 2014 at 9:47 AM

I’m sorry but being a die hard Laker fan and knowing what has happen to the roster this year I still strongly believe that Dantoni needs to go. How the NBA has evolved his schemes and style do not work anymore in the NBA. Hell even when he had talent on the team (last year) he still couldn’t do anything with it… That lost last night was the icing on the cake…

8. 618t - Jan 11, 2014 at 9:56 AM

D’Antoni- I personally like Coach D but with his coaching strategy was not the best fit for this team.

9. paulhargis53 - Jan 11, 2014 at 3:59 PM

musician:”The world’s most interesting man.” (That’s sarcasm)

Calling out trolls is your enjoyment? Get a life dude.

• musician0785 - Jan 17, 2014 at 8:46 PM

how ironic that you, a laker troll, would take that side of the argument….and that was sarcasm? it didnt even make sense…..the most interesting man? Try again troll

Stephenson goes elsewhere for his future
Top 10 NBA Player Searches