Jan 10, 2014, 7:24 PM EDT
Beer and cigarettes for therapy, right coach? MDA: "I don’t drink or smoke. … I’m thinking about starting, especially the drinking part"—
Bill Oram (@bill_oram) January 10, 2014
Hard to blame Mike D’Antoni if this season hasn’t been a fiesta on Figueroa coaching the Lakers this season — it was going to be a tough season anyway, everything needed to go right for them just to make the postseason. And everything has not gone right. Not even close. They still are without Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash, but hope to get them back at the end of the month.
If this season was almost driving D’Antoni to drink (even jokingly), imagine what it would have done to Don Nelson.
Thanks to Bill Oram of the Orange County Register for the quote.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 11
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 17
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2