Jan 10, 2014, 7:24 PM EST
Beer and cigarettes for therapy, right coach? MDA: "I don’t drink or smoke. … I’m thinking about starting, especially the drinking part"—
Bill Oram (@bill_oram) January 10, 2014
Hard to blame Mike D’Antoni if this season hasn’t been a fiesta on Figueroa coaching the Lakers this season — it was going to be a tough season anyway, everything needed to go right for them just to make the postseason. And everything has not gone right. Not even close. They still are without Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash, but hope to get them back at the end of the month.
If this season was almost driving D’Antoni to drink (even jokingly), imagine what it would have done to Don Nelson.
Thanks to Bill Oram of the Orange County Register for the quote.
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 2
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 20
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42