Jan 10, 2014, 7:24 PM EDT
Beer and cigarettes for therapy, right coach? MDA: "I don’t drink or smoke. … I’m thinking about starting, especially the drinking part"—
Bill Oram (@bill_oram) January 10, 2014
Hard to blame Mike D’Antoni if this season hasn’t been a fiesta on Figueroa coaching the Lakers this season — it was going to be a tough season anyway, everything needed to go right for them just to make the postseason. And everything has not gone right. Not even close. They still are without Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash, but hope to get them back at the end of the month.
If this season was almost driving D’Antoni to drink (even jokingly), imagine what it would have done to Don Nelson.
Thanks to Bill Oram of the Orange County Register for the quote.
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 2
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 7
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 36
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73