Jan 10, 2014, 7:24 PM EDT
Hard to blame Mike D’Antoni if this season hasn’t been a fiesta on Figueroa coaching the Lakers this season — it was going to be a tough season anyway, everything needed to go right for them just to make the postseason. And everything has not gone right. Not even close. They still are without Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash, but hope to get them back at the end of the month.
If this season was almost driving D’Antoni to drink (even jokingly), imagine what it would have done to Don Nelson.
Thanks to Bill Oram of the Orange County Register for the quote.
- Three coaches who could replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 0
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 5
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 61
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42