Jan 10, 2014, 11:41 AM EDT
And now Jrue Holiday.
Pelicans starting point guard Holiday has been diagnosed with a stress fracture in his right tibia and will be out indefinitely, the team announced Friday morning. There is no timetable for his return, but this is going to be weeks at least.
Holiday had played in all 34 Pelicans games this season and played just shy of 34 minutes a night, averaging 14.3 points, 7.9 assists and 4.2 rebounds a game. The raw numbers are down slightly from when he had to carry the Sixers attack the year before, but this year he had better weapons to set up and with that was more efficient. However, Holiday struggled some the past week or so, this explains it.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $50,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $7,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
The Pelicans offense falls 7.3 points per 100 possessions when Holiday is off the court. This was a team that felt like it could come together and make a push in the second half of the season, but not without Holiday.
The Pelicans traded for Holiday on draft day last June, sending Nerlens Noel to Philadelphia for Holiday.
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 0
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 29
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9