Jan 10, 2014, 11:41 AM EDT
And now Jrue Holiday.
Pelicans starting point guard Holiday has been diagnosed with a stress fracture in his right tibia and will be out indefinitely, the team announced Friday morning. There is no timetable for his return, but this is going to be weeks at least.
Holiday had played in all 34 Pelicans games this season and played just shy of 34 minutes a night, averaging 14.3 points, 7.9 assists and 4.2 rebounds a game. The raw numbers are down slightly from when he had to carry the Sixers attack the year before, but this year he had better weapons to set up and with that was more efficient. However, Holiday struggled some the past week or so, this explains it.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $50,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $7,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
The Pelicans offense falls 7.3 points per 100 possessions when Holiday is off the court. This was a team that felt like it could come together and make a push in the second half of the season, but not without Holiday.
The Pelicans traded for Holiday on draft day last June, sending Nerlens Noel to Philadelphia for Holiday.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50