Jan 10, 2014, 4:27 PM EST
The Lakers (and Clippers) are about to be kicked out of Staples Center for a couple of weeks so Lorde, Robin Thicke and Katy Perry can
drag down the collective musical intelligence of our nation perform and win those oh-so-prestigious Grammy awards.
When the Lakers get home from that 12-day adventure, Mike D’Antoni is hoping the team is greeted with a big surprise:
D’Antoni was on ESPN 710 radio in Los Angeles Friday and said this, via Mike Bresnahan of the Los Angeles Times.
That seems early for the Kobe timetable from the fractured bone in his knee. Yes, this is Kobe and he is a mythological superhero who can play through any pain and all that, I get it, but bones have to heal and then there would be conditioning (lower extremities issues limit conditioning). It’s not unreasonable early, it could happen, it is just a week or two earlier than expected.
And if he is back then, you know the league is not going to let him out of playing in the All-Star Game.
As for Steve Nash, who knows? He is trying to learn how to move and shoot differently, in ways that do not aggravate the nerve root issue that has bothered him for a year now. That takes time.
But at least those two will be back, healthy soon and the Lakers can make that run to the 10 seed in the West.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30