Jan 10, 2014, 4:27 PM EDT
The Lakers (and Clippers) are about to be kicked out of Staples Center for a couple of weeks so Lorde, Robin Thicke and Katy Perry can
drag down the collective musical intelligence of our nation perform and win those oh-so-prestigious Grammy awards.
When the Lakers get home from that 12-day adventure, Mike D’Antoni is hoping the team is greeted with a big surprise:
D’Antoni was on ESPN 710 radio in Los Angeles Friday and said this, via Mike Bresnahan of the Los Angeles Times.
That seems early for the Kobe timetable from the fractured bone in his knee. Yes, this is Kobe and he is a mythological superhero who can play through any pain and all that, I get it, but bones have to heal and then there would be conditioning (lower extremities issues limit conditioning). It’s not unreasonable early, it could happen, it is just a week or two earlier than expected.
And if he is back then, you know the league is not going to let him out of playing in the All-Star Game.
As for Steve Nash, who knows? He is trying to learn how to move and shoot differently, in ways that do not aggravate the nerve root issue that has bothered him for a year now. That takes time.
But at least those two will be back, healthy soon and the Lakers can make that run to the 10 seed in the West.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 37
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18