Jan 10, 2014, 10:28 PM EDT
NEW YORK — It’s been a frustrating night for LeBron James, and things almost boiled over midway through the fourth quarter against the Nets.
Miami is without three of its starters, and entered the final period trailing by 12 points. The Heat have been on the wrong end of many 50-50 calls by the officials, and overall the way the game has gone has had James more visibly upset throughout than we’ve seen him in quite some time.
On a play where James got out in transition, he delivered a forearm to Andrei Kirilenko in an attempt to clear some space. Kirilenko’s teammate Mirza Teletovic saw it and clearly didn’t appreciate it, so he stopped LeBron from getting to the basket with a violent grab around the neck, before quickly releasing.
James lost it momentarily, and went after Teletovic before teammates stepped in.
The referees called James for the offensive foul for the hit to Kirilenko, and Teletovic received a flagrant-one for his role in the incident.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 20
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10