Jan 10, 2014, 10:28 PM EDT
NEW YORK – It’s been a frustrating night for LeBron James, and things almost boiled over midway through the fourth quarter against the Nets.
Miami is without three of its starters, and entered the final period trailing by 12 points. The Heat have been on the wrong end of many 50-50 calls by the officials, and overall the way the game has gone has had James more visibly upset throughout than we’ve seen him in quite some time.
On a play where James got out in transition, he delivered a forearm to Andrei Kirilenko in an attempt to clear some space. Kirilenko’s teammate Mirza Teletovic saw it and clearly didn’t appreciate it, so he stopped LeBron from getting to the basket with a violent grab around the neck, before quickly releasing.
James lost it momentarily, and went after Teletovic before teammates stepped in.
The referees called James for the offensive foul for the hit to Kirilenko, and Teletovic received a flagrant-one for his role in the incident.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 13
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 21
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 31
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2