Jan 10, 2014, 10:01 PM EDT
The Heat may have been missing three starters in their game at Brooklyn on Friday, but they still have the best player out there in LeBron James.
The first quarter featured a duel of sorts between James and Joe Johnson, who finished the opening period with 16 and 22 points respectively. LeBron got two of those on this possession, where he darted into the lane and received the pass from Rashard Lewis before finishing through contact from Andray Blatche.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 20
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49