Kendrick Perkins calls The Oklahoman beat writer Darnell Mayberry ‘Thunder hater and snake in the grass’
Jan 10, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
They’ve lost lost four of six, including their last two – a loss to the lowly Jazz and a blowout at the hands of the Nuggets.
So, it’s understandable why players would be on edge. Losing is miserable.
If y’all didn’t know @DarnellMayberry is a Thunder hater and snake in the grass. Yea I said it @DarnellMayberry#ifyoudontlikethendosomethin
Personally, I enjoy Mayberry’s coverage very much. I’ve always found him informative and fair.
I’m not really sure why Perkins is upset. The only substantial Mayberry lines about Perkins in the last couple days I could find was this:
By the time the second period was halfway over, Brooks had grown so desperate for defense that he played Sefolosha, Roberson and Kendrick Perkins together. Ballsy.
And that’s not so bad.
Perhaps, it wasn’t a slight at himself that bothered Perkins, but a dig at a teammate or the entire squad. But I couldn’t find anything that seemed out of line. Mayberry’s descriptions have skewed negative lately, but that’s because the play of the team he’s writing about has skewed negative lately.
If he has a problem with Mayberry, Perkins definitely has a right bring public attention to it. The media certainly airs their grievances with the people they cover for the world to see. Perkins is entitled to do the same.
But if he wants to do that, do it. Bring up specific issues and make a case. Don’t make vague accusations and then delete them.
At that point, Perkins’ complaint lacks credibility.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36