Kendrick Perkins calls The Oklahoman beat writer Darnell Mayberry ‘Thunder hater and snake in the grass’
Jan 10, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
They’ve lost lost four of six, including their last two – a loss to the lowly Jazz and a blowout at the hands of the Nuggets.
So, it’s understandable why players would be on edge. Losing is miserable.
If y’all didn’t know @DarnellMayberry is a Thunder hater and snake in the grass. Yea I said it @DarnellMayberry#ifyoudontlikethendosomethin
Personally, I enjoy Mayberry’s coverage very much. I’ve always found him informative and fair.
I’m not really sure why Perkins is upset. The only substantial Mayberry lines about Perkins in the last couple days I could find was this:
By the time the second period was halfway over, Brooks had grown so desperate for defense that he played Sefolosha, Roberson and Kendrick Perkins together. Ballsy.
And that’s not so bad.
Perhaps, it wasn’t a slight at himself that bothered Perkins, but a dig at a teammate or the entire squad. But I couldn’t find anything that seemed out of line. Mayberry’s descriptions have skewed negative lately, but that’s because the play of the team he’s writing about has skewed negative lately.
If he has a problem with Mayberry, Perkins definitely has a right bring public attention to it. The media certainly airs their grievances with the people they cover for the world to see. Perkins is entitled to do the same.
But if he wants to do that, do it. Bring up specific issues and make a case. Don’t make vague accusations and then delete them.
At that point, Perkins’ complaint lacks credibility.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 64
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20