Kendrick Perkins calls The Oklahoman beat writer Darnell Mayberry ‘Thunder hater and snake in the grass’
Jan 10, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
They’ve lost lost four of six, including their last two – a loss to the lowly Jazz and a blowout at the hands of the Nuggets.
So, it’s understandable why players would be on edge. Losing is miserable.
If y’all didn’t know @DarnellMayberry is a Thunder hater and snake in the grass. Yea I said it @DarnellMayberry#ifyoudontlikethendosomethin
Personally, I enjoy Mayberry’s coverage very much. I’ve always found him informative and fair.
I’m not really sure why Perkins is upset. The only substantial Mayberry lines about Perkins in the last couple days I could find was this:
By the time the second period was halfway over, Brooks had grown so desperate for defense that he played Sefolosha, Roberson and Kendrick Perkins together. Ballsy.
And that’s not so bad.
Perhaps, it wasn’t a slight at himself that bothered Perkins, but a dig at a teammate or the entire squad. But I couldn’t find anything that seemed out of line. Mayberry’s descriptions have skewed negative lately, but that’s because the play of the team he’s writing about has skewed negative lately.
If he has a problem with Mayberry, Perkins definitely has a right bring public attention to it. The media certainly airs their grievances with the people they cover for the world to see. Perkins is entitled to do the same.
But if he wants to do that, do it. Bring up specific issues and make a case. Don’t make vague accusations and then delete them.
At that point, Perkins’ complaint lacks credibility.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6