Jan 9, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
Kevin Love is going to be an All-Star, the coaches will select him as a reserve without a doubt.
But the Timberwolves want you to vote him in as a starter. In the last vote update from the league, Love was about 22,000 votes behind Blake Griffin for the final starting spot in the Western Conference frontcourt (Kevin Durant and Dwight Howard each had a healthy lead over those two). That’s a fair amount of ground to make up, the All-Star starters tend not to change after the first vote, but it is a far from insurmountable amount.
So Minnesota put together this video to get you to vote for their man.
Hopefully if Love doesn’t catch Griffin he doesn’t throw his teammates under the bus for it.
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 11
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 4
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 33
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 58
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 58
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40