Jan 9, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
Kevin Love is going to be an All-Star, the coaches will select him as a reserve without a doubt.
But the Timberwolves want you to vote him in as a starter. In the last vote update from the league, Love was about 22,000 votes behind Blake Griffin for the final starting spot in the Western Conference frontcourt (Kevin Durant and Dwight Howard each had a healthy lead over those two). That’s a fair amount of ground to make up, the All-Star starters tend not to change after the first vote, but it is a far from insurmountable amount.
So Minnesota put together this video to get you to vote for their man.
Hopefully if Love doesn’t catch Griffin he doesn’t throw his teammates under the bus for it.
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 0
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 17
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 44
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 3
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 108
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 14
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 79