Jan 9, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
Kevin Love is going to be an All-Star, the coaches will select him as a reserve without a doubt.
But the Timberwolves want you to vote him in as a starter. In the last vote update from the league, Love was about 22,000 votes behind Blake Griffin for the final starting spot in the Western Conference frontcourt (Kevin Durant and Dwight Howard each had a healthy lead over those two). That’s a fair amount of ground to make up, the All-Star starters tend not to change after the first vote, but it is a far from insurmountable amount.
So Minnesota put together this video to get you to vote for their man.
Hopefully if Love doesn’t catch Griffin he doesn’t throw his teammates under the bus for it.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 5
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18