Jan 9, 2014, 1:04 PM EDT
Ideas for movies float around Hollywood like trade ideas float around the D-League Showcase in Reno — there are a ton of ideas and conversations, but the ones that come to fruition and make to the big screen are few and far between.
That said, how would you feel about a “He Got Game” sequel?
“Sequels to most movies are always fluff and not as good as the first,” Allen said Tuesday night before the Heat played the New Orleans Pelicans. “But it’s something we’ve been talking about for the last couple months. If we get a really good story line and are able to bring everybody back, then it would be something worth doing.”
Lee posted a photo of himself and Allen to a social media account last summer, saying then that they were engaging in sequel talk. It wasn’t clear then how serious those conversations were.
There are good sequels, from “Godfather II” (better than the original… just don’t bring up the third) to “Toy Story 2.” But what the really good ones have in common is a quality script and believable storyline.
Not sure exactly how you pick up Game 15 years or so later and make the storyline work.
That said, I’d still be at the theater opening weekend to see it.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 10
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 13
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25