Jan 9, 2014, 1:04 PM EDT
Ideas for movies float around Hollywood like trade ideas float around the D-League Showcase in Reno — there are a ton of ideas and conversations, but the ones that come to fruition and make to the big screen are few and far between.
That said, how would you feel about a “He Got Game” sequel?
“Sequels to most movies are always fluff and not as good as the first,” Allen said Tuesday night before the Heat played the New Orleans Pelicans. “But it’s something we’ve been talking about for the last couple months. If we get a really good story line and are able to bring everybody back, then it would be something worth doing.”
Lee posted a photo of himself and Allen to a social media account last summer, saying then that they were engaging in sequel talk. It wasn’t clear then how serious those conversations were.
There are good sequels, from “Godfather II” (better than the original… just don’t bring up the third) to “Toy Story 2.” But what the really good ones have in common is a quality script and believable storyline.
Not sure exactly how you pick up Game 15 years or so later and make the storyline work.
That said, I’d still be at the theater opening weekend to see it.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 35
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 85
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13