Jan 9, 2014, 1:24 AM EST
A couple of times a season Blake Griffin just puts some poor defender in a poster and there is nothing they can do about it. Boston’s Kris Humphries, come on down, you’re the next contestant on “Blake Griffin’s highlight reel.”
I feel for Humphries, he has enough embarrassing videos out there on the Web without Griffin adding to the mix.
If you’re going to comment “all Griffin can do is dunk” please don’t bother — we’ve told you before and shown you the numbers on how Griffin is a much more complete player than you realize. Also, again, the dunk is the most efficient, high percentage shot in basketball and if you are so athletically gifted you can get a handful of those a game then take them. That is a good shot.
Along those same lines, if you are going to comment that is not a dunk because he didn’t meet your technical definition of a dunk or didn’t touch the rim or some other nonsense, you really need to have a beer and just learn to enjoy the game. Don’t get so hung up on definitions. It’s a beautiful game, savor it, don’t try to tear down an entertaining play for reasons that speak to your issues.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 8
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 5
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0