Jan 9, 2014, 1:24 AM EDT
A couple of times a season Blake Griffin just puts some poor defender in a poster and there is nothing they can do about it. Boston’s Kris Humphries, come on down, you’re the next contestant on “Blake Griffin’s highlight reel.”
I feel for Humphries, he has enough embarrassing videos out there on the Web without Griffin adding to the mix.
If you’re going to comment “all Griffin can do is dunk” please don’t bother — we’ve told you before and shown you the numbers on how Griffin is a much more complete player than you realize. Also, again, the dunk is the most efficient, high percentage shot in basketball and if you are so athletically gifted you can get a handful of those a game then take them. That is a good shot.
Along those same lines, if you are going to comment that is not a dunk because he didn’t meet your technical definition of a dunk or didn’t touch the rim or some other nonsense, you really need to have a beer and just learn to enjoy the game. Don’t get so hung up on definitions. It’s a beautiful game, savor it, don’t try to tear down an entertaining play for reasons that speak to your issues.
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 0
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 3
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 5
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 4
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 12