Jan 9, 2014, 1:24 AM EST
A couple of times a season Blake Griffin just puts some poor defender in a poster and there is nothing they can do about it. Boston’s Kris Humphries, come on down, you’re the next contestant on “Blake Griffin’s highlight reel.”
I feel for Humphries, he has enough embarrassing videos out there on the Web without Griffin adding to the mix.
If you’re going to comment “all Griffin can do is dunk” please don’t bother — we’ve told you before and shown you the numbers on how Griffin is a much more complete player than you realize. Also, again, the dunk is the most efficient, high percentage shot in basketball and if you are so athletically gifted you can get a handful of those a game then take them. That is a good shot.
Along those same lines, if you are going to comment that is not a dunk because he didn’t meet your technical definition of a dunk or didn’t touch the rim or some other nonsense, you really need to have a beer and just learn to enjoy the game. Don’t get so hung up on definitions. It’s a beautiful game, savor it, don’t try to tear down an entertaining play for reasons that speak to your issues.
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 4
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15