Jan 9, 2014, 1:24 AM EST
A couple of times a season Blake Griffin just puts some poor defender in a poster and there is nothing they can do about it. Boston’s Kris Humphries, come on down, you’re the next contestant on “Blake Griffin’s highlight reel.”
I feel for Humphries, he has enough embarrassing videos out there on the Web without Griffin adding to the mix.
If you’re going to comment “all Griffin can do is dunk” please don’t bother — we’ve told you before and shown you the numbers on how Griffin is a much more complete player than you realize. Also, again, the dunk is the most efficient, high percentage shot in basketball and if you are so athletically gifted you can get a handful of those a game then take them. That is a good shot.
Along those same lines, if you are going to comment that is not a dunk because he didn’t meet your technical definition of a dunk or didn’t touch the rim or some other nonsense, you really need to have a beer and just learn to enjoy the game. Don’t get so hung up on definitions. It’s a beautiful game, savor it, don’t try to tear down an entertaining play for reasons that speak to your issues.
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 10
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 13
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 21
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 7
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 18