Manu Ginobili sinks game winner in overtime (VIDEO)

Jan 8, 2014, 1:08 AM EDT

Manu doing Manu things.

Manu Ginobili isn’t quite the player he once was, but he can still create shots, and he can still knock those shots down. Which he what he did here to break a tie game in overtime against Memphis on Tuesday. The Spurs inbound the ball to Tim Duncan and he holds the ball and waits for Ginobili to come by for the handoff where Duncan acts as a screen, something the Grizzlies switch, which leaves a capable defender in Ed Davis on Ginobili.

But Manu uses a little hesitation move around the free throw line, which creates enough space for him to get to the rim and lay in the game winner with 1.8 seconds left. It was vintage Manu.

Mike Conley had a 29-foot three at the buzzer that fell just short. Spurs win.

1. llfreedman - Jan 8, 2014 at 1:41 AM

The announcers seem really into that game…snooze…

2. antistratfordian - Jan 8, 2014 at 2:54 AM

KRAMER: Well I didn’t know the Manu was gonna work.

JACKIE: Do you know what a Manu is? Have you ever seen a Manu?

KRAMER: Well I …

JACKIE: (interrupts) No one can tell what a Manu’s gonna do. He’s unpredictable.

KRAMER: I’m sorry Jackie.

3. theromeo2k - Jan 8, 2014 at 3:08 AM

The old fart can still ball

4. kingtotz - Jan 8, 2014 at 5:13 AM

Which he what he did.. what?

5. 950003cups - Jan 8, 2014 at 9:27 AM

And that’s EXACTLY why Carmelo Anthony will never be remembered once he retires. He’s been 0-15 on buzzer beaters this year alone.

6. peterjohnjoseph - Jan 8, 2014 at 11:50 AM

After watching that I was compelled to search for this-

I apologize if you’ve watched it nearly as many times in a row as I have. I’ve been staring at it a good half hour already.

• peterjohnjoseph - Jan 8, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Ah… the GIF didn’t load.. or I mis-typed my HTML.

Either way, heres the link to more Many magic that I was speaking of-

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches