Jan 8, 2014, 1:08 AM EDT
Manu doing Manu things.
Manu Ginobili isn’t quite the player he once was, but he can still create shots, and he can still knock those shots down. Which he what he did here to break a tie game in overtime against Memphis on Tuesday. The Spurs inbound the ball to Tim Duncan and he holds the ball and waits for Ginobili to come by for the handoff where Duncan acts as a screen, something the Grizzlies switch, which leaves a capable defender in Ed Davis on Ginobili.
But Manu uses a little hesitation move around the free throw line, which creates enough space for him to get to the rim and lay in the game winner with 1.8 seconds left. It was vintage Manu.
Mike Conley had a 29-foot three at the buzzer that fell just short. Spurs win.
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 21
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 10
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64