Jan 8, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
On the bright side, Jared Sullinger was efficient in picking up flagrant fouls and getting ejected. The league is all about efficiency these days.
The Celtics’ Sullinger was ejected from Boston’s blowout loss to the Nuggets Tuesday night for picking up two third-quarter technicals in the span of 24 seconds (you can see them above).
A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com notes there are bigger issues that come with this.
It raises Sullinger’s flagrant foul point total to five points. The next flagrant foul he is whistled for this season will result in him being suspended for at least one game. If Sullinger is whistled for a flagrant-1 foul, he will be suspended for the next game following the one in which his point total exceeded five points. He could potentially wind up being suspended for two games if the next flagrant foul he commits is considered a flagrant-2 which is an automatic ejection from the game.
With more than half the season to go and the pace he is on, it seems like Sullinger is going to pick up at least one more.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47