Jan 8, 2014, 12:15 PM EST
On the bright side, Jared Sullinger was efficient in picking up flagrant fouls and getting ejected. The league is all about efficiency these days.
The Celtics’ Sullinger was ejected from Boston’s blowout loss to the Nuggets Tuesday night for picking up two third-quarter technicals in the span of 24 seconds (you can see them above).
A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com notes there are bigger issues that come with this.
It raises Sullinger’s flagrant foul point total to five points. The next flagrant foul he is whistled for this season will result in him being suspended for at least one game. If Sullinger is whistled for a flagrant-1 foul, he will be suspended for the next game following the one in which his point total exceeded five points. He could potentially wind up being suspended for two games if the next flagrant foul he commits is considered a flagrant-2 which is an automatic ejection from the game.
With more than half the season to go and the pace he is on, it seems like Sullinger is going to pick up at least one more.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 58
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7