Jan 8, 2014, 9:53 PM EDT
The highlight of any nationally televised Spurs game for us at home — and the great terror of all sideline reporters — is interviewing Gregg Popovich. You could get terse, cutting one-word answers if your question comes off as banal, or if the Spurs are struggling.
Jeff Van Gundy got the short straw Wednesday and had to do the interview — and he got a hug.
Probably didn’t hurt that the Spurs were up 20 on their way to coasting in to a win over the Mavericks.
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 0
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 5
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 5
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 63
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4