Jan 8, 2014, 9:53 PM EDT
The highlight of any nationally televised Spurs game for us at home — and the great terror of all sideline reporters — is interviewing Gregg Popovich. You could get terse, cutting one-word answers if your question comes off as banal, or if the Spurs are struggling.
Jeff Van Gundy got the short straw Wednesday and had to do the interview — and he got a hug.
Probably didn’t hurt that the Spurs were up 20 on their way to coasting in to a win over the Mavericks.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 15
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 27
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 7
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 32
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 30
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22