Jan 8, 2014, 9:53 PM EDT
The highlight of any nationally televised Spurs game for us at home — and the great terror of all sideline reporters — is interviewing Gregg Popovich. You could get terse, cutting one-word answers if your question comes off as banal, or if the Spurs are struggling.
Jeff Van Gundy got the short straw Wednesday and had to do the interview — and he got a hug.
Probably didn’t hurt that the Spurs were up 20 on their way to coasting in to a win over the Mavericks.
- Sunday NBA grades: Golden State’s Curry, Thompson put on a show 0
- Heat execute in final minutes, Rockets still learning, fall in Miami 16
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 23
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 69
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 32