Jan 8, 2014, 9:53 PM EDT
The highlight of any nationally televised Spurs game for us at home — and the great terror of all sideline reporters — is interviewing Gregg Popovich. You could get terse, cutting one-word answers if your question comes off as banal, or if the Spurs are struggling.
Jeff Van Gundy got the short straw Wednesday and had to do the interview — and he got a hug.
Probably didn’t hurt that the Spurs were up 20 on their way to coasting in to a win over the Mavericks.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85