Jan 8, 2014, 9:53 PM EDT
The highlight of any nationally televised Spurs game for us at home — and the great terror of all sideline reporters — is interviewing Gregg Popovich. You could get terse, cutting one-word answers if your question comes off as banal, or if the Spurs are struggling.
Jeff Van Gundy got the short straw Wednesday and had to do the interview — and he got a hug.
Probably didn’t hurt that the Spurs were up 20 on their way to coasting in to a win over the Mavericks.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 61
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 12
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32