Jan 8, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
Minnesota is better than its .500 record shows — the team’s point differential is that of a 22-12 team, if you use Basketball-Reference.com’s numbers. At some point they are going to start winning the close games they are losing and go on a little run.
It will help that Chase Budinger is back in the rotation — he has missed all season due to a knee injury suffered this summer but he returns on Wednesday night, tweets Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Once he gets his groove back Budinger will be a great fit in Minnesota — he is athletic and can finish well in transition (key for the team playing at the second fastest pace in the league) plus he can knock down the three. He and Corey Brewer will split time at the three and that is just more depth for Minnesota.
Budinger missed much of last season with a knee injury, but the Timberwolves front office was so confident in his return they inked him to a three-year, $16 million contract in July. Now he can start earning that money.
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 2
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 21
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13