Jan 8, 2014, 7:40 PM EST
Minnesota is better than its .500 record shows — the team’s point differential is that of a 22-12 team, if you use Basketball-Reference.com’s numbers. At some point they are going to start winning the close games they are losing and go on a little run.
It will help that Chase Budinger is back in the rotation — he has missed all season due to a knee injury suffered this summer but he returns on Wednesday night, tweets Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Once he gets his groove back Budinger will be a great fit in Minnesota — he is athletic and can finish well in transition (key for the team playing at the second fastest pace in the league) plus he can knock down the three. He and Corey Brewer will split time at the three and that is just more depth for Minnesota.
Budinger missed much of last season with a knee injury, but the Timberwolves front office was so confident in his return they inked him to a three-year, $16 million contract in July. Now he can start earning that money.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 5
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 5
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9