Jan 8, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
Minnesota is better than its .500 record shows — the team’s point differential is that of a 22-12 team, if you use Basketball-Reference.com’s numbers. At some point they are going to start winning the close games they are losing and go on a little run.
It will help that Chase Budinger is back in the rotation — he has missed all season due to a knee injury suffered this summer but he returns on Wednesday night, tweets Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Once he gets his groove back Budinger will be a great fit in Minnesota — he is athletic and can finish well in transition (key for the team playing at the second fastest pace in the league) plus he can knock down the three. He and Corey Brewer will split time at the three and that is just more depth for Minnesota.
Budinger missed much of last season with a knee injury, but the Timberwolves front office was so confident in his return they inked him to a three-year, $16 million contract in July. Now he can start earning that money.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 40
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 17
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 34
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 22
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 25
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20