Jan 7, 2014, 6:31 PM EDT
During the third quarter of the Magic’s blowout loss to the Clippers Monday night, Nikola Vucevic went up to try and block a Blake Griffin shot, ended up getting flipped and took a hard fall where he landed on his side and his head hit the floor.
Vucevic suffered a concussion and the Orlando big man is likely out at least a week, tweets John Denton of the Magic’s official Web site. Vucevic is now in the league’s concussion protocol, where he will have to pass a series of mental tests (based on a baseline from an earlier test he took) to show he is symptom free plus do that after undergoing a series of increasingly physically demanding tests.
Vucevic is averaging 13 points and 11 rebounds a game for the Magic, playing well on a struggling team and looking like one of the guys they could count on as a long-term part of the core being built there.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $90,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $10,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
This is Vucevic’s second concussion in as many seasons. He missed five games last year.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 26
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25