Jan 7, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT
You’ve got to love J.R. Smith, at least to a certain extent.
During Sunday’s win over the Mavericks, Smith untied Shawn Marion‘s shoe while the two were lining up to rebound a free throw attempt. Multiple reports, including this one from Marc Berman of the New York Post, say that the league issued a warning to Smith in lieu of a fine or any further disciplinary action.
A simple slap on the wrist isn’t enough to deter Smith, however. As fans called for him to try the prank again, he at least pretended to early in Tuesday’s contest against the Pistons before ultimately being foiled by Greg Monroe.
Knicks head coach Mike Woodson told reporters before the game that Smith “shouldn’t be doing stuff like that.” Technically, he’s stopped. But Smith is clearly aware of the buzz surrounding his actions.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40