Jan 7, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT
You’ve got to love J.R. Smith, at least to a certain extent.
During Sunday’s win over the Mavericks, Smith untied Shawn Marion‘s shoe while the two were lining up to rebound a free throw attempt. Multiple reports, including this one from Marc Berman of the New York Post, say that the league issued a warning to Smith in lieu of a fine or any further disciplinary action.
A simple slap on the wrist isn’t enough to deter Smith, however. As fans called for him to try the prank again, he at least pretended to early in Tuesday’s contest against the Pistons before ultimately being foiled by Greg Monroe.
Knicks head coach Mike Woodson told reporters before the game that Smith “shouldn’t be doing stuff like that.” Technically, he’s stopped. But Smith is clearly aware of the buzz surrounding his actions.
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 1
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 7
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 23
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 7
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 42