Jan 7, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT
You’ve got to love J.R. Smith, at least to a certain extent.
During Sunday’s win over the Mavericks, Smith untied Shawn Marion‘s shoe while the two were lining up to rebound a free throw attempt. Multiple reports, including this one from Marc Berman of the New York Post, say that the league issued a warning to Smith in lieu of a fine or any further disciplinary action.
A simple slap on the wrist isn’t enough to deter Smith, however. As fans called for him to try the prank again, he at least pretended to early in Tuesday’s contest against the Pistons before ultimately being foiled by Greg Monroe.
Knicks head coach Mike Woodson told reporters before the game that Smith “shouldn’t be doing stuff like that.” Technically, he’s stopped. But Smith is clearly aware of the buzz surrounding his actions.
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 0
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 16
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18