Jan 7, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
Mike Budenholzer is in his first year as an NBA head coach, he’s still trying to get on the good sides of NBA officials. This isn’t going to help.
One of his assistants was clearly frustrated Monday night (rightfully so, the Hawks played poorly in a loss to the Nets) and tried to flip a clipboard to Budenholzer and did it pretty aggressively.
It flew and hit the nearby referee at the start of the timeout. Which left Budenholzer as the guy apologizing for the mishap. I’m sure Gregg Popovich taught him some tricks of the trade there… actually, Popovich never apologizes to referees — they apologize to him. He is “The Most Interesting Coach in the World.”
- Why shot-location defense matters 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers 5
- Are the Warriors championship favorites? Adjusting for playoff rotations says yes 9
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 10
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6