Jan 7, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
Mike Budenholzer is in his first year as an NBA head coach, he’s still trying to get on the good sides of NBA officials. This isn’t going to help.
One of his assistants was clearly frustrated Monday night (rightfully so, the Hawks played poorly in a loss to the Nets) and tried to flip a clipboard to Budenholzer and did it pretty aggressively.
It flew and hit the nearby referee at the start of the timeout. Which left Budenholzer as the guy apologizing for the mishap. I’m sure Gregg Popovich taught him some tricks of the trade there… actually, Popovich never apologizes to referees — they apologize to him. He is “The Most Interesting Coach in the World.”
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 2
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 5
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 16
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 16
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34