Jan 7, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
Mike Budenholzer is in his first year as an NBA head coach, he’s still trying to get on the good sides of NBA officials. This isn’t going to help.
One of his assistants was clearly frustrated Monday night (rightfully so, the Hawks played poorly in a loss to the Nets) and tried to flip a clipboard to Budenholzer and did it pretty aggressively.
It flew and hit the nearby referee at the start of the timeout. Which left Budenholzer as the guy apologizing for the mishap. I’m sure Gregg Popovich taught him some tricks of the trade there… actually, Popovich never apologizes to referees — they apologize to him. He is “The Most Interesting Coach in the World.”
- Kevin Love pulling out of USA Basketball due to lingering likelihood of trade from Timberwolves 13
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 12
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 6
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16