Jan 7, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
Mike Budenholzer is in his first year as an NBA head coach, he’s still trying to get on the good sides of NBA officials. This isn’t going to help.
One of his assistants was clearly frustrated Monday night (rightfully so, the Hawks played poorly in a loss to the Nets) and tried to flip a clipboard to Budenholzer and did it pretty aggressively.
It flew and hit the nearby referee at the start of the timeout. Which left Budenholzer as the guy apologizing for the mishap. I’m sure Gregg Popovich taught him some tricks of the trade there… actually, Popovich never apologizes to referees — they apologize to him. He is “The Most Interesting Coach in the World.”
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9