Jan 7, 2014, 3:14 PM EST
Mike Budenholzer is in his first year as an NBA head coach, he’s still trying to get on the good sides of NBA officials. This isn’t going to help.
One of his assistants was clearly frustrated Monday night (rightfully so, the Hawks played poorly in a loss to the Nets) and tried to flip a clipboard to Budenholzer and did it pretty aggressively.
It flew and hit the nearby referee at the start of the timeout. Which left Budenholzer as the guy apologizing for the mishap. I’m sure Gregg Popovich taught him some tricks of the trade there… actually, Popovich never apologizes to referees — they apologize to him. He is “The Most Interesting Coach in the World.”
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18