Jan 6, 2014, 12:36 AM EDT
Watch the video above — not Dirk Nowitzki taking free throws, but on the left watch J.R. Smith bend down like he’s checking his shoes and untie Shawn Marion‘s shoe while the free throw is taking place.
Marion goes down and plays the defensive possession out then you can see him as the team inbounds the ball he bends down to tie his shoe.
Was that just an amusing prank or something a little more serious? I lean toward prank but others see it differently.
It’s not as egregious as what Kidd did, not close. but of you want to argue it is unsportsmanlike you wouldn’t be wrong. The league can try to argue a slippery slope here with other pranks and decide to nip this in the bud with a fine. I’m not sure it really deserves that kind of attention, but the league office and I often seem to have a different sense of humor.
This comes the game after Smith’s ill-advised late-game three that cost the Knicks against the Rockets. Smith is on fire for providing blog fodder lately.
The Knicks didn’t need to untie shoes, they won 92-80.
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 0
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 2
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 31
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 32
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 39