Jan 6, 2014, 9:09 PM EST
Why do it? Because the Celtics would save money in future years and while they get another ball handling guard (which they could use while Rajon Rondo remains out) they really don’t get better (#tankapalooza2014). For Memphis, they get a guy shooting 44 percent from three this season on a team that desperately needs shooting (especially with Quincy Pondexter lost for the season).
But now the Thunder have horned in on the deal, reports Marc Stein of ESPN.
This gives the Celtics a little more money savings, basically all three teams win. For that reason expect this to go through in the next day or so (to waive Ryan Gomes the trade needs to happen by Tuesday).
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 39
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 4
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 37
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 10