Jan 6, 2014, 9:09 PM EST
Why do it? Because the Celtics would save money in future years and while they get another ball handling guard (which they could use while Rajon Rondo remains out) they really don’t get better (#tankapalooza2014). For Memphis, they get a guy shooting 44 percent from three this season on a team that desperately needs shooting (especially with Quincy Pondexter lost for the season).
But now the Thunder have horned in on the deal, reports Marc Stein of ESPN.
This gives the Celtics a little more money savings, basically all three teams win. For that reason expect this to go through in the next day or so (to waive Ryan Gomes the trade needs to happen by Tuesday).
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 0
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 2
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 29
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 15
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12