Jan 6, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
Why do it? Because the Celtics would save money in future years and while they get another ball handling guard (which they could use while Rajon Rondo remains out) they really don’t get better (#tankapalooza2014). For Memphis, they get a guy shooting 44 percent from three this season on a team that desperately needs shooting (especially with Quincy Pondexter lost for the season).
But now the Thunder have horned in on the deal, reports Marc Stein of ESPN.
This gives the Celtics a little more money savings, basically all three teams win. For that reason expect this to go through in the next day or so (to waive Ryan Gomes the trade needs to happen by Tuesday).
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 8
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 28
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 28
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85