Jan 6, 2014, 9:09 PM EST
Why do it? Because the Celtics would save money in future years and while they get another ball handling guard (which they could use while Rajon Rondo remains out) they really don’t get better (#tankapalooza2014). For Memphis, they get a guy shooting 44 percent from three this season on a team that desperately needs shooting (especially with Quincy Pondexter lost for the season).
But now the Thunder have horned in on the deal, reports Marc Stein of ESPN.
This gives the Celtics a little more money savings, basically all three teams win. For that reason expect this to go through in the next day or so (to waive Ryan Gomes the trade needs to happen by Tuesday).
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 30
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 13
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 17
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 28