Jan 6, 2014, 9:09 PM EST
Why do it? Because the Celtics would save money in future years and while they get another ball handling guard (which they could use while Rajon Rondo remains out) they really don’t get better (#tankapalooza2014). For Memphis, they get a guy shooting 44 percent from three this season on a team that desperately needs shooting (especially with Quincy Pondexter lost for the season).
But now the Thunder have horned in on the deal, reports Marc Stein of ESPN.
This gives the Celtics a little more money savings, basically all three teams win. For that reason expect this to go through in the next day or so (to waive Ryan Gomes the trade needs to happen by Tuesday).
- Derrick Rose leaves Bulls-Nuggets game with hamstring tightness 22
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 18
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23