Jan 6, 2014, 10:11 AM EDT
The team later rescinded the suspension, but only as a peace offering to Miller so he would paid for the two games he missed.
The veteran was still excused from all team activities, and while he’s expected to rejoin the Nuggets on Monday, his days there may be numbered due to no longer being a long-term fit for the team’s future plans.
Andre Miller, who was excused from all team activities for four days, won’t be part of the Nuggets for long after he returns.
The Nuggets are actively trying to trade Miller, according to a league source. If accomplished, it would be the second time Denver traded him. He was traded in 2006 in a package that brought Allen Iverson to the Nuggets.
Miller is on a very cap-friendly contract at the moment, one that pays him $5 million this season, with an extra year at $4.6 million that isn’t fully guaranteed.
A team could get quite a boost in production from Miller, a capable point guard known for his crafty “old man game” that allows him to get results despite his declining overall athleticism.
The Kings and the Warriors were the first teams to call about Miller’s availability when the incident initially took place, and Golden State would be a great fit considering the way they successfully used Jarrett Jack last season late in games in three-guard lineups. But now that Miller is somewhat officially on the block, a whole host of teams will likely be interested in dealing for his services.
Miller is in his 15th NBA season, and is averaging 5.9 points and 3.3 assists in 19 minutes per contest — all career lows thanks to a reduced role under Shaw.
- Tony ‘First Team All-Defense’ Allen and Mike ‘Masked Assassin’ Conley lead Grizzlies to Game 2 win over Warriors 0
- Hawks unimpressive, but pull away late for Game 2 win over Wizards 0
- Mike Conley playing Game 2 against Warriors tonight 0
- John Wall out for Wizards-Hawks Game 2 tonight 3
- PBT Extra: Will Doc Rivers sit Chris Paul in Game 2? 0
- Tony Allen on MVP Stephen Curry: “It ain’t nothing I ain’t never seen before” 21
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 3
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0