Jan 6, 2014, 7:37 PM EST
It looks like Andre Miller has played his last game as a Denver Nugget.
That the Nuggets and coach Brian Shaw can’t make it work with a crafty veteran guard popular with his teammates is an interesting dynamic, but not the one we are focused on right now. Everyone knows the Nuggets want to move him.
Rather, the question is where and when he gets moved. Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports suggests it could be the Kings and it could be within the next 48 hours.
Know nothing is set in stone, but that is the buzz. There are a lot of teams that could use Miller as a reserve guard — he is strong at setting up teammates and plays a very smart game (Zach Lowe of Grantland nicknamed him Professor Miller). Last season under George Karl he averaged 9.6 points and 5.9 assists a game, numbers that have decreased under Brian Shaw but in another system he would be a valuable addition.
Sacramento wants some depth at the point and a veteran to mentor Isaiah Thomas.
Expect the Kings to be active on the trade market, according to multiple reports around the league. After years of the Maloofs tying the hands of their GM, the new ownership group wants to shake things up.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 41
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8