Jan 6, 2014, 7:37 PM EST
It looks like Andre Miller has played his last game as a Denver Nugget.
That the Nuggets and coach Brian Shaw can’t make it work with a crafty veteran guard popular with his teammates is an interesting dynamic, but not the one we are focused on right now. Everyone knows the Nuggets want to move him.
Rather, the question is where and when he gets moved. Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports suggests it could be the Kings and it could be within the next 48 hours.
Know nothing is set in stone, but that is the buzz. There are a lot of teams that could use Miller as a reserve guard — he is strong at setting up teammates and plays a very smart game (Zach Lowe of Grantland nicknamed him Professor Miller). Last season under George Karl he averaged 9.6 points and 5.9 assists a game, numbers that have decreased under Brian Shaw but in another system he would be a valuable addition.
Sacramento wants some depth at the point and a veteran to mentor Isaiah Thomas.
Expect the Kings to be active on the trade market, according to multiple reports around the league. After years of the Maloofs tying the hands of their GM, the new ownership group wants to shake things up.
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 0
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 3
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18