Jan 6, 2014, 7:37 PM EDT
It looks like Andre Miller has played his last game as a Denver Nugget.
That the Nuggets and coach Brian Shaw can’t make it work with a crafty veteran guard popular with his teammates is an interesting dynamic, but not the one we are focused on right now. Everyone knows the Nuggets want to move him.
Rather, the question is where and when he gets moved. Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports suggests it could be the Kings and it could be within the next 48 hours.
Know nothing is set in stone, but that is the buzz. There are a lot of teams that could use Miller as a reserve guard — he is strong at setting up teammates and plays a very smart game (Zach Lowe of Grantland nicknamed him Professor Miller). Last season under George Karl he averaged 9.6 points and 5.9 assists a game, numbers that have decreased under Brian Shaw but in another system he would be a valuable addition.
Sacramento wants some depth at the point and a veteran to mentor Isaiah Thomas.
Expect the Kings to be active on the trade market, according to multiple reports around the league. After years of the Maloofs tying the hands of their GM, the new ownership group wants to shake things up.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31