Jan 6, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Minnesota and San Antonio were scheduled to play a game Dec. 4 in Mexico City, but then a generator in the building caught fire and filled the arena with smoke.
The game was postponed and a new date has been set, April 8. Now the game will take place in Minnesota, which sucks for the fans in Mexico City who had purchased tickets.
Consider this a minor break for the Timberwolves, who gained a home game out of a neutral site. On the downside, they now have an extra back-to-back as they play the Bulls the next night.
You can bet the NBA will return to Mexico City next season to make up for this.
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 49
- Nets announce signing of Jason Collins for remainder of the season 11
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 30
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 41
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 33