Jan 6, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Minnesota and San Antonio were scheduled to play a game Dec. 4 in Mexico City, but then a generator in the building caught fire and filled the arena with smoke.
The game was postponed and a new date has been set, April 8. Now the game will take place in Minnesota, which sucks for the fans in Mexico City who had purchased tickets.
Consider this a minor break for the Timberwolves, who gained a home game out of a neutral site. On the downside, they now have an extra back-to-back as they play the Bulls the next night.
You can bet the NBA will return to Mexico City next season to make up for this.
- Report: Paul Pierce to sign two-year deal to join Wizards 4
- Report: Trevor Ariza to sign 4-year, $32 million deal with Rockets 35
- Pau Gasol tweets he has chosen to play for Bulls. Only question is will it be sign-and-trade or not. 50
- LeBron James’ contract two years, $42 million with Cavaliers. That doesn’t mean he’s leaving. 37
- LeBron returns to Cleveland a more efficient, mature player that can take team further 36
- Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker shine in head-to-head Summer League matchup 19
- Posnanski: LeBron James proves he’s a true Clevelander 58
- Report: Isaiah Thomas headed to Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade 40