Jan 6, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Minnesota and San Antonio were scheduled to play a game Dec. 4 in Mexico City, but then a generator in the building caught fire and filled the arena with smoke.
The game was postponed and a new date has been set, April 8. Now the game will take place in Minnesota, which sucks for the fans in Mexico City who had purchased tickets.
Consider this a minor break for the Timberwolves, who gained a home game out of a neutral site. On the downside, they now have an extra back-to-back as they play the Bulls the next night.
You can bet the NBA will return to Mexico City next season to make up for this.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 14
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 13
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 15
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 23
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80