Jan 6, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Minnesota and San Antonio were scheduled to play a game Dec. 4 in Mexico City, but then a generator in the building caught fire and filled the arena with smoke.
The game was postponed and a new date has been set, April 8. Now the game will take place in Minnesota, which sucks for the fans in Mexico City who had purchased tickets.
Consider this a minor break for the Timberwolves, who gained a home game out of a neutral site. On the downside, they now have an extra back-to-back as they play the Bulls the next night.
You can bet the NBA will return to Mexico City next season to make up for this.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 13
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28