Jan 6, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Minnesota and San Antonio were scheduled to play a game Dec. 4 in Mexico City, but then a generator in the building caught fire and filled the arena with smoke.
The game was postponed and a new date has been set, April 8. Now the game will take place in Minnesota, which sucks for the fans in Mexico City who had purchased tickets.
Consider this a minor break for the Timberwolves, who gained a home game out of a neutral site. On the downside, they now have an extra back-to-back as they play the Bulls the next night.
You can bet the NBA will return to Mexico City next season to make up for this.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 2
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 8
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 3
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 16
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18