Jan 6, 2014, 5:35 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Clippers losing Chris Paul is a big blow — but how big? The incomparable Kay Adams and I talk about it in today’s new PBT Extra.
I see it this way: The Clippers are currently tied for the 4/5 seed and Pacific lead with Golden State, plus they are just three games up on the 8 seed Mavericks. The Clips will lose more games, probably fall back to the 8 seed (give or take a spot or two), then things will stabilize in 20 games or so when CP3 returns. The Clippers will start to climb back up, but in a deep West they likely do not get back higher than the five seed — that means every playoff series they are the road team for key games. That’s a tough way to advance deep.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 52