Jan 6, 2014, 5:35 PM EST
The Los Angeles Clippers losing Chris Paul is a big blow — but how big? The incomparable Kay Adams and I talk about it in today’s new PBT Extra.
I see it this way: The Clippers are currently tied for the 4/5 seed and Pacific lead with Golden State, plus they are just three games up on the 8 seed Mavericks. The Clips will lose more games, probably fall back to the 8 seed (give or take a spot or two), then things will stabilize in 20 games or so when CP3 returns. The Clippers will start to climb back up, but in a deep West they likely do not get back higher than the five seed — that means every playoff series they are the road team for key games. That’s a tough way to advance deep.
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 16
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 4
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11