Jan 6, 2014, 5:35 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Clippers losing Chris Paul is a big blow — but how big? The incomparable Kay Adams and I talk about it in today’s new PBT Extra.
I see it this way: The Clippers are currently tied for the 4/5 seed and Pacific lead with Golden State, plus they are just three games up on the 8 seed Mavericks. The Clips will lose more games, probably fall back to the 8 seed (give or take a spot or two), then things will stabilize in 20 games or so when CP3 returns. The Clippers will start to climb back up, but in a deep West they likely do not get back higher than the five seed — that means every playoff series they are the road team for key games. That’s a tough way to advance deep.
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 40
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 60
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 19
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 39
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3