Jan 6, 2014, 5:35 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Clippers losing Chris Paul is a big blow — but how big? The incomparable Kay Adams and I talk about it in today’s new PBT Extra.
I see it this way: The Clippers are currently tied for the 4/5 seed and Pacific lead with Golden State, plus they are just three games up on the 8 seed Mavericks. The Clips will lose more games, probably fall back to the 8 seed (give or take a spot or two), then things will stabilize in 20 games or so when CP3 returns. The Clippers will start to climb back up, but in a deep West they likely do not get back higher than the five seed — that means every playoff series they are the road team for key games. That’s a tough way to advance deep.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 12
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 7