Jan 6, 2014, 5:35 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Clippers losing Chris Paul is a big blow — but how big? The incomparable Kay Adams and I talk about it in today’s new PBT Extra.
I see it this way: The Clippers are currently tied for the 4/5 seed and Pacific lead with Golden State, plus they are just three games up on the 8 seed Mavericks. The Clips will lose more games, probably fall back to the 8 seed (give or take a spot or two), then things will stabilize in 20 games or so when CP3 returns. The Clippers will start to climb back up, but in a deep West they likely do not get back higher than the five seed — that means every playoff series they are the road team for key games. That’s a tough way to advance deep.
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 5
- NBA Playoff Preview: Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards 12
- Report: Steve Kerr “expects” to be offered, will take Knicks coaching job 13