Jan 6, 2014, 6:17 PM EDT
Nets point guard Deron Williams — who has already missed 11 games this season due to ankle injuries — is out again Monday night as the Nets host the Atlanta Hawks.
Stephan Bondy of the New York Daily News tweets some of the details.
Williams has been relatively healthy lately, having played every game since Dec. 10. We will see how bad this turns out to be, he could potentially miss Wednesday’s game and more. In the short term this means more Shaun Livingston and likely Alan Anderson.
The Nets have already lost center Brook Lopez for the season due to another surgery on his foot.
The Nets had won two games in a row and had played better lately going small with more Paul Pierce at the four. They will try that now but it will be tough to make work as well without Williams. Worse yet, up the rest of this week on the Brooklyn schedule is Miami, Golden State and suddenly hot Toronto.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19