Jan 6, 2014, 6:17 PM EDT
Nets point guard Deron Williams — who has already missed 11 games this season due to ankle injuries — is out again Monday night as the Nets host the Atlanta Hawks.
Stephan Bondy of the New York Daily News tweets some of the details.
Williams has been relatively healthy lately, having played every game since Dec. 10. We will see how bad this turns out to be, he could potentially miss Wednesday’s game and more. In the short term this means more Shaun Livingston and likely Alan Anderson.
The Nets have already lost center Brook Lopez for the season due to another surgery on his foot.
The Nets had won two games in a row and had played better lately going small with more Paul Pierce at the four. They will try that now but it will be tough to make work as well without Williams. Worse yet, up the rest of this week on the Brooklyn schedule is Miami, Golden State and suddenly hot Toronto.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4