Jan 6, 2014, 6:17 PM EST
Nets point guard Deron Williams — who has already missed 11 games this season due to ankle injuries — is out again Monday night as the Nets host the Atlanta Hawks.
Stephan Bondy of the New York Daily News tweets some of the details.
Williams has been relatively healthy lately, having played every game since Dec. 10. We will see how bad this turns out to be, he could potentially miss Wednesday’s game and more. In the short term this means more Shaun Livingston and likely Alan Anderson.
The Nets have already lost center Brook Lopez for the season due to another surgery on his foot.
The Nets had won two games in a row and had played better lately going small with more Paul Pierce at the four. They will try that now but it will be tough to make work as well without Williams. Worse yet, up the rest of this week on the Brooklyn schedule is Miami, Golden State and suddenly hot Toronto.
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 20
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 1
- LeBron James on Cavaliers’ struggles: “I stink” 15
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Life is good in the Golden State 12
- Damian Lillard, as stature grows, refuses to become content 5
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 11
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 12
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 20