Jan 6, 2014, 6:17 PM EDT
Nets point guard Deron Williams — who has already missed 11 games this season due to ankle injuries — is out again Monday night as the Nets host the Atlanta Hawks.
Stephan Bondy of the New York Daily News tweets some of the details.
Williams has been relatively healthy lately, having played every game since Dec. 10. We will see how bad this turns out to be, he could potentially miss Wednesday’s game and more. In the short term this means more Shaun Livingston and likely Alan Anderson.
The Nets have already lost center Brook Lopez for the season due to another surgery on his foot.
The Nets had won two games in a row and had played better lately going small with more Paul Pierce at the four. They will try that now but it will be tough to make work as well without Williams. Worse yet, up the rest of this week on the Brooklyn schedule is Miami, Golden State and suddenly hot Toronto.
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11