Jan 6, 2014, 6:17 PM EST
Nets point guard Deron Williams — who has already missed 11 games this season due to ankle injuries — is out again Monday night as the Nets host the Atlanta Hawks.
Stephan Bondy of the New York Daily News tweets some of the details.
Williams has been relatively healthy lately, having played every game since Dec. 10. We will see how bad this turns out to be, he could potentially miss Wednesday’s game and more. In the short term this means more Shaun Livingston and likely Alan Anderson.
The Nets have already lost center Brook Lopez for the season due to another surgery on his foot.
The Nets had won two games in a row and had played better lately going small with more Paul Pierce at the four. They will try that now but it will be tough to make work as well without Williams. Worse yet, up the rest of this week on the Brooklyn schedule is Miami, Golden State and suddenly hot Toronto.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 62
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13