Michael Carter-Williams says he’s fine after catching an elbow to the head on final play against Blazers (VIDEO)
Jan 5, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Michael Carter-Williams caught an elbow to the head on the final play of the Sixers’ win in Portland on Saturday, and remained down on the court for a few minutes after the final buzzer had sounded.
From Dei Lynam of CSN Philly:
Eventually MCW made his way to the Sixers’ locker room and underwent a series of concussion tests before he sat at his locker getting ready for the cross-country flight home that was on tap.
“I just got an elbow to the head but I’ll be alright,” Carter-Williams said.
Announcement: ProBasketballTalk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $30,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Sunday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $5,000. Starts at 6pm ET on Sunday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Carter-Williams has been a leading candidate for Rookie of the Year this season, with averages of 17.2 points, 5.7 rebounds and 7.2 assists in 35.5 minutes per contest.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 6
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 22
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 23
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 18
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25