Michael Carter-Williams says he’s fine after catching an elbow to the head on final play against Blazers (VIDEO)
Jan 5, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Michael Carter-Williams caught an elbow to the head on the final play of the Sixers’ win in Portland on Saturday, and remained down on the court for a few minutes after the final buzzer had sounded.
From Dei Lynam of CSN Philly:
Eventually MCW made his way to the Sixers’ locker room and underwent a series of concussion tests before he sat at his locker getting ready for the cross-country flight home that was on tap.
“I just got an elbow to the head but I’ll be alright,” Carter-Williams said.
Announcement: ProBasketballTalk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $30,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Sunday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $5,000. Starts at 6pm ET on Sunday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Carter-Williams has been a leading candidate for Rookie of the Year this season, with averages of 17.2 points, 5.7 rebounds and 7.2 assists in 35.5 minutes per contest.
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 0
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 17
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 8
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15