Michael Carter-Williams says he’s fine after catching an elbow to the head on final play against Blazers (VIDEO)
Jan 5, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Michael Carter-Williams caught an elbow to the head on the final play of the Sixers’ win in Portland on Saturday, and remained down on the court for a few minutes after the final buzzer had sounded.
From Dei Lynam of CSN Philly:
Eventually MCW made his way to the Sixers’ locker room and underwent a series of concussion tests before he sat at his locker getting ready for the cross-country flight home that was on tap.
“I just got an elbow to the head but I’ll be alright,” Carter-Williams said.
Announcement: ProBasketballTalk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $30,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Sunday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $5,000. Starts at 6pm ET on Sunday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Carter-Williams has been a leading candidate for Rookie of the Year this season, with averages of 17.2 points, 5.7 rebounds and 7.2 assists in 35.5 minutes per contest.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 17
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 15
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 12