Michael Carter-Williams says he’s fine after catching an elbow to the head on final play against Blazers (VIDEO)
Jan 5, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Michael Carter-Williams caught an elbow to the head on the final play of the Sixers’ win in Portland on Saturday, and remained down on the court for a few minutes after the final buzzer had sounded.
From Dei Lynam of CSN Philly:
Eventually MCW made his way to the Sixers’ locker room and underwent a series of concussion tests before he sat at his locker getting ready for the cross-country flight home that was on tap.
“I just got an elbow to the head but I’ll be alright,” Carter-Williams said.
Announcement: ProBasketballTalk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $30,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Sunday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $5,000. Starts at 6pm ET on Sunday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Carter-Williams has been a leading candidate for Rookie of the Year this season, with averages of 17.2 points, 5.7 rebounds and 7.2 assists in 35.5 minutes per contest.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 1
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 8
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 15