Jan 5, 2014, 1:30 AM EDT
Kevin Durant had a monster game in Minnesota on Saturday, finishing with 48 points on 32 shots, to go along with seven rebounds and seven assists.
It almost wasn’t enough to get his team the win, but Durant’s step-back jumper with four seconds remaining ultimately held up — even though Kevin Love had a very reasonable attempt at giving his team the lead in the closing seconds.
Love was fouled on a three-point attempt after Durant had put his team ahead, but he missed the first two unguarded shots, before intentionally trying to miss the third in order to give his club the chance at a rebound.
It’s worth noting that Love is shooting almost 83 percent on free throws this season, but for whatever reason, he was unable to get his foul shots to go with the game hanging in the balance.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 7
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50