Jan 5, 2014, 1:30 AM EDT
Kevin Durant had a monster game in Minnesota on Saturday, finishing with 48 points on 32 shots, to go along with seven rebounds and seven assists.
It almost wasn’t enough to get his team the win, but Durant’s step-back jumper with four seconds remaining ultimately held up — even though Kevin Love had a very reasonable attempt at giving his team the lead in the closing seconds.
Love was fouled on a three-point attempt after Durant had put his team ahead, but he missed the first two unguarded shots, before intentionally trying to miss the third in order to give his club the chance at a rebound.
It’s worth noting that Love is shooting almost 83 percent on free throws this season, but for whatever reason, he was unable to get his foul shots to go with the game hanging in the balance.
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 0
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 12
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6