Jan 5, 2014, 1:30 AM EDT
Kevin Durant had a monster game in Minnesota on Saturday, finishing with 48 points on 32 shots, to go along with seven rebounds and seven assists.
It almost wasn’t enough to get his team the win, but Durant’s step-back jumper with four seconds remaining ultimately held up — even though Kevin Love had a very reasonable attempt at giving his team the lead in the closing seconds.
Love was fouled on a three-point attempt after Durant had put his team ahead, but he missed the first two unguarded shots, before intentionally trying to miss the third in order to give his club the chance at a rebound.
It’s worth noting that Love is shooting almost 83 percent on free throws this season, but for whatever reason, he was unable to get his foul shots to go with the game hanging in the balance.
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 77
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 6
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 45
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19