Jan 5, 2014, 1:30 AM EDT
Kevin Durant had a monster game in Minnesota on Saturday, finishing with 48 points on 32 shots, to go along with seven rebounds and seven assists.
It almost wasn’t enough to get his team the win, but Durant’s step-back jumper with four seconds remaining ultimately held up — even though Kevin Love had a very reasonable attempt at giving his team the lead in the closing seconds.
Love was fouled on a three-point attempt after Durant had put his team ahead, but he missed the first two unguarded shots, before intentionally trying to miss the third in order to give his club the chance at a rebound.
It’s worth noting that Love is shooting almost 83 percent on free throws this season, but for whatever reason, he was unable to get his foul shots to go with the game hanging in the balance.
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 0
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 31
- Warriors take Game 1 from Clippers 26
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 36