Jan 5, 2014, 1:30 AM EDT
Kevin Durant had a monster game in Minnesota on Saturday, finishing with 48 points on 32 shots, to go along with seven rebounds and seven assists.
It almost wasn’t enough to get his team the win, but Durant’s step-back jumper with four seconds remaining ultimately held up — even though Kevin Love had a very reasonable attempt at giving his team the lead in the closing seconds.
Love was fouled on a three-point attempt after Durant had put his team ahead, but he missed the first two unguarded shots, before intentionally trying to miss the third in order to give his club the chance at a rebound.
It’s worth noting that Love is shooting almost 83 percent on free throws this season, but for whatever reason, he was unable to get his foul shots to go with the game hanging in the balance.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 4
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4