Jan 5, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Nicolas Batum, the Trail Blazers’ swingman, has suffered a broken middle finger on his non-shooting left hand, reports Chris Haynes of CSNNW.com.
However, he may not miss any time.
The injury happened at the end of the Trail Blazers’ loss at home to the 76ers, on an inbounds play where Batum got a little tangled up with Evan Turner. After the game the first reports were this was a dislocation, but then it was confirmed it was a broken finger.
“It just got caught up in his jersey,” Batum said. “I didn’t really realize it until five or ten seconds after it happened when I shook my hand around.”
“It’s one finger on my left hand, so I should be ok.”
The plan is for Batum to play through this (it can be done, remember Kobe Bryant played through this on his shooting hand, for Batum this is his off hand).
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $30,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Sunday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $5,000. Starts at 6pm ET on Sunday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
The Trail Blazers next game is Tuesday against the Kings, Batum is listed as probable.
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 32
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 52
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8