Jan 5, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Nicolas Batum, the Trail Blazers’ swingman, has suffered a broken middle finger on his non-shooting left hand, reports Chris Haynes of CSNNW.com.
However, he may not miss any time.
The injury happened at the end of the Trail Blazers’ loss at home to the 76ers, on an inbounds play where Batum got a little tangled up with Evan Turner. After the game the first reports were this was a dislocation, but then it was confirmed it was a broken finger.
“It just got caught up in his jersey,” Batum said. “I didn’t really realize it until five or ten seconds after it happened when I shook my hand around.”
“It’s one finger on my left hand, so I should be ok.”
The plan is for Batum to play through this (it can be done, remember Kobe Bryant played through this on his shooting hand, for Batum this is his off hand).
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $30,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Sunday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $5,000. Starts at 6pm ET on Sunday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
The Trail Blazers next game is Tuesday against the Kings, Batum is listed as probable.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 33
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 69
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 3
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31