Jan 5, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Nicolas Batum, the Trail Blazers’ swingman, has suffered a broken middle finger on his non-shooting left hand, reports Chris Haynes of CSNNW.com.
However, he may not miss any time.
The injury happened at the end of the Trail Blazers’ loss at home to the 76ers, on an inbounds play where Batum got a little tangled up with Evan Turner. After the game the first reports were this was a dislocation, but then it was confirmed it was a broken finger.
“It just got caught up in his jersey,” Batum said. “I didn’t really realize it until five or ten seconds after it happened when I shook my hand around.”
“It’s one finger on my left hand, so I should be ok.”
The plan is for Batum to play through this (it can be done, remember Kobe Bryant played through this on his shooting hand, for Batum this is his off hand).
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $30,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Sunday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $5,000. Starts at 6pm ET on Sunday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
The Trail Blazers next game is Tuesday against the Kings, Batum is listed as probable.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 21
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13