Jan 5, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
Nicolas Batum, the Trail Blazers’ swingman, has suffered a broken middle finger on his non-shooting left hand, reports Chris Haynes of CSNNW.com.
However, he may not miss any time.
The injury happened at the end of the Trail Blazers’ loss at home to the 76ers, on an inbounds play where Batum got a little tangled up with Evan Turner. After the game the first reports were this was a dislocation, but then it was confirmed it was a broken finger.
“It just got caught up in his jersey,” Batum said. “I didn’t really realize it until five or ten seconds after it happened when I shook my hand around.”
“It’s one finger on my left hand, so I should be ok.”
The plan is for Batum to play through this (it can be done, remember Kobe Bryant played through this on his shooting hand, for Batum this is his off hand).
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $30,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Sunday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $5,000. Starts at 6pm ET on Sunday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
The Trail Blazers next game is Tuesday against the Kings, Batum is listed as probable.
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 11
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 19