Jan 4, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
When we brought you the news this morning of a report that stated that both the Knicks and the Clippers have internally (but separately) considered a deal involving Blake Griffin and Carmelo Anthony, we pointed out at the time just how ridiculous it was.
Clippers head coach Doc Rivers agrees, but since he has personnel decision-making authority and it was his star player who was involved, he wasn’t able to simply laugh the report off like the rest of us when asked about it on Saturday.
Rivers was visibly irritated, called it “stupid” more than once and went on to rip the outlet that reported it for its practices.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 68
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32