Jan 4, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
When we brought you the news this morning of a report that stated that both the Knicks and the Clippers have internally (but separately) considered a deal involving Blake Griffin and Carmelo Anthony, we pointed out at the time just how ridiculous it was.
Clippers head coach Doc Rivers agrees, but since he has personnel decision-making authority and it was his star player who was involved, he wasn’t able to simply laugh the report off like the rest of us when asked about it on Saturday.
Rivers was visibly irritated, called it “stupid” more than once and went on to rip the outlet that reported it for its practices.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6