Jan 4, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
When we brought you the news this morning of a report that stated that both the Knicks and the Clippers have internally (but separately) considered a deal involving Blake Griffin and Carmelo Anthony, we pointed out at the time just how ridiculous it was.
Clippers head coach Doc Rivers agrees, but since he has personnel decision-making authority and it was his star player who was involved, he wasn’t able to simply laugh the report off like the rest of us when asked about it on Saturday.
Rivers was visibly irritated, called it “stupid” more than once and went on to rip the outlet that reported it for its practices.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 0
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 10
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 14
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9