Jan 4, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
When we brought you the news this morning of a report that stated that both the Knicks and the Clippers have internally (but separately) considered a deal involving Blake Griffin and Carmelo Anthony, we pointed out at the time just how ridiculous it was.
Clippers head coach Doc Rivers agrees, but since he has personnel decision-making authority and it was his star player who was involved, he wasn’t able to simply laugh the report off like the rest of us when asked about it on Saturday.
Rivers was visibly irritated, called it “stupid” more than once and went on to rip the outlet that reported it for its practices.
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 1
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 2
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 6
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 13
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 22
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43