Jan 4, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
When we brought you the news this morning of a report that stated that both the Knicks and the Clippers have internally (but separately) considered a deal involving Blake Griffin and Carmelo Anthony, we pointed out at the time just how ridiculous it was.
Clippers head coach Doc Rivers agrees, but since he has personnel decision-making authority and it was his star player who was involved, he wasn’t able to simply laugh the report off like the rest of us when asked about it on Saturday.
Rivers was visibly irritated, called it “stupid” more than once and went on to rip the outlet that reported it for its practices.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 4
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10