Jan 4, 2014, 12:32 AM EDT
Fresh off of a picturesque win over the Miami Heat on Thursday, the Warriors were able to rally for their eighth straight victory in Atlanta on the very next night.
Andre Iguodala provided the heroics, hitting the game-winning three at the buzzer.
The play wasn’t exactly of intricate design, considering the ball was inbounded to Stephen Curry well beyond the three-point arc with 3.2 seconds remaining, and both defenders in the vicinity wisely doubled Curry some 30-plus feet from the basket.
But Iguodala has quite the clutch reputation, and he calmly drained the shot as time expired to keep Golden State’s impressive win streak alive.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 8
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 19
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30