Jan 3, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Knock his game if you want — although you have to admit it has taken a healthy step forward this season — but you have to know Jeremy Lin is one of the most popular players in the NBA. He is fourth in NBA All-Star voting for the Western Conference’s backcourt, with more votes than James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Tony Parker, Damian Lillard and a host of others.
So landing him in a new shoe deal could be big for adidas.
Houston Rockets G Jeremy Lin has agreed to a shoe deal with adidas, thus departing Nike, a league source informed CSNNW.com.
The source spoke on condition of anonymity due to adidas having yet to have made an official announcement on the agreement. According to the source, the announcement will come on Friday.
This is a great get for adidas, an international brand who has picked up a player very popular in China and other parts of the Far East — where there is a big market for shoes.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59