Jan 3, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Knock his game if you want — although you have to admit it has taken a healthy step forward this season — but you have to know Jeremy Lin is one of the most popular players in the NBA. He is fourth in NBA All-Star voting for the Western Conference’s backcourt, with more votes than James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Tony Parker, Damian Lillard and a host of others.
So landing him in a new shoe deal could be big for adidas.
Houston Rockets G Jeremy Lin has agreed to a shoe deal with adidas, thus departing Nike, a league source informed CSNNW.com.
The source spoke on condition of anonymity due to adidas having yet to have made an official announcement on the agreement. According to the source, the announcement will come on Friday.
This is a great get for adidas, an international brand who has picked up a player very popular in China and other parts of the Far East — where there is a big market for shoes.
- Sunday NBA grades: Golden State’s Curry, Thompson put on a show 0
- Heat execute in final minutes, Rockets still learning, fall in Miami 16
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 23
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 69
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 32