Jan 3, 2014, 12:50 PM EST
Knock his game if you want — although you have to admit it has taken a healthy step forward this season — but you have to know Jeremy Lin is one of the most popular players in the NBA. He is fourth in NBA All-Star voting for the Western Conference’s backcourt, with more votes than James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Tony Parker, Damian Lillard and a host of others.
So landing him in a new shoe deal could be big for adidas.
Houston Rockets G Jeremy Lin has agreed to a shoe deal with adidas, thus departing Nike, a league source informed CSNNW.com.
The source spoke on condition of anonymity due to adidas having yet to have made an official announcement on the agreement. According to the source, the announcement will come on Friday.
This is a great get for adidas, an international brand who has picked up a player very popular in China and other parts of the Far East — where there is a big market for shoes.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Santa brings Warriors top spot, lump of coal for Knicks 9
- Clippers, Mavericks, Rockets and Kings reportedly interested in signing Josh Smith 14
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 53
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 27
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 13
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20