Jan 3, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Knock his game if you want — although you have to admit it has taken a healthy step forward this season — but you have to know Jeremy Lin is one of the most popular players in the NBA. He is fourth in NBA All-Star voting for the Western Conference’s backcourt, with more votes than James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Tony Parker, Damian Lillard and a host of others.
So landing him in a new shoe deal could be big for adidas.
Houston Rockets G Jeremy Lin has agreed to a shoe deal with adidas, thus departing Nike, a league source informed CSNNW.com.
The source spoke on condition of anonymity due to adidas having yet to have made an official announcement on the agreement. According to the source, the announcement will come on Friday.
This is a great get for adidas, an international brand who has picked up a player very popular in China and other parts of the Far East — where there is a big market for shoes.
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 6
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 40
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1