Jan 3, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Knock his game if you want — although you have to admit it has taken a healthy step forward this season — but you have to know Jeremy Lin is one of the most popular players in the NBA. He is fourth in NBA All-Star voting for the Western Conference’s backcourt, with more votes than James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Tony Parker, Damian Lillard and a host of others.
So landing him in a new shoe deal could be big for adidas.
Houston Rockets G Jeremy Lin has agreed to a shoe deal with adidas, thus departing Nike, a league source informed CSNNW.com.
The source spoke on condition of anonymity due to adidas having yet to have made an official announcement on the agreement. According to the source, the announcement will come on Friday.
This is a great get for adidas, an international brand who has picked up a player very popular in China and other parts of the Far East — where there is a big market for shoes.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3