Jan 3, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
The Knicks have needed someone to spark them in what has been a dismal campaign thus far, and they finally got the performance they were looking for out of Iman Shumpert in Thursday’s huge win on the road over the Spurs.
Shumpert has always shown flashes of being able to do these things, but he seemed to put it all together in this one. New York was so successful last season because J.R. Smith often turned in these types of games to complement Carmelo Anthony, but Smith has struggled in that role this year.
Shumpert matched Anthony with a career-high 27 points on 10-of-13 shooting, to go along with six rebounds and three steals. His offensive rebound tip-in (at the 1:10 mark of the video clip above) with 23.4 seconds remaining was extremely impressive, and helped seal the much-needed victory.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 15
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 40
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19