Jan 3, 2014, 9:31 AM EST
The Knicks have needed someone to spark them in what has been a dismal campaign thus far, and they finally got the performance they were looking for out of Iman Shumpert in Thursday’s huge win on the road over the Spurs.
Shumpert has always shown flashes of being able to do these things, but he seemed to put it all together in this one. New York was so successful last season because J.R. Smith often turned in these types of games to complement Carmelo Anthony, but Smith has struggled in that role this year.
Shumpert matched Anthony with a career-high 27 points on 10-of-13 shooting, to go along with six rebounds and three steals. His offensive rebound tip-in (at the 1:10 mark of the video clip above) with 23.4 seconds remaining was extremely impressive, and helped seal the much-needed victory.
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 0
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 2
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 1
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 4
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 24
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 10
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33