Jan 3, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
The Knicks have needed someone to spark them in what has been a dismal campaign thus far, and they finally got the performance they were looking for out of Iman Shumpert in Thursday’s huge win on the road over the Spurs.
Shumpert has always shown flashes of being able to do these things, but he seemed to put it all together in this one. New York was so successful last season because J.R. Smith often turned in these types of games to complement Carmelo Anthony, but Smith has struggled in that role this year.
Shumpert matched Anthony with a career-high 27 points on 10-of-13 shooting, to go along with six rebounds and three steals. His offensive rebound tip-in (at the 1:10 mark of the video clip above) with 23.4 seconds remaining was extremely impressive, and helped seal the much-needed victory.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 5
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10