Jan 3, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
The Knicks have needed someone to spark them in what has been a dismal campaign thus far, and they finally got the performance they were looking for out of Iman Shumpert in Thursday’s huge win on the road over the Spurs.
Shumpert has always shown flashes of being able to do these things, but he seemed to put it all together in this one. New York was so successful last season because J.R. Smith often turned in these types of games to complement Carmelo Anthony, but Smith has struggled in that role this year.
Shumpert matched Anthony with a career-high 27 points on 10-of-13 shooting, to go along with six rebounds and three steals. His offensive rebound tip-in (at the 1:10 mark of the video clip above) with 23.4 seconds remaining was extremely impressive, and helped seal the much-needed victory.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31