Jan 3, 2014, 11:45 PM EST
This season continues to be terrible in terms of the game’s best players missing extended time due to injury.
Chris Paul left the Clippers’ win over the Mavericks on Friday with a shoulder injury, one that will apparently cause him to miss at least 3-5 weeks.
Clippers head coach Doc Rivers delivered the news to reporters during his postgame presser.
Paul’s injury just further adds to a long list of star players that have gone down with serious injuries to this point in the season. The Clippers are currently fourth in the West with a record of 23-12, and Paul is averaging 19.6 points, 11.3 assists, 4.7 rebounds and 2.5 steals in 35 minutes per game for the team this year.
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 2
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 17
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 59
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8