Jan 3, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
This season continues to be terrible in terms of the game’s best players missing extended time due to injury.
Chris Paul left the Clippers’ win over the Mavericks on Friday with a shoulder injury, one that will apparently cause him to miss at least 3-5 weeks.
Clippers head coach Doc Rivers delivered the news to reporters during his postgame presser.
Paul’s injury just further adds to a long list of star players that have gone down with serious injuries to this point in the season. The Clippers are currently fourth in the West with a record of 23-12, and Paul is averaging 19.6 points, 11.3 assists, 4.7 rebounds and 2.5 steals in 35 minutes per game for the team this year.
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 3
- Phil Jackson wants Carmelo Anthony to take less money to re-sign with Knicks 37
- Report: Frank Vogel “coaching for his job” in wake of team’s slide 16
- Phoenix’s Goran Dragic runs away with Most Improved Player 13
- Report: James Dolan meddles into Phil Jackson’s attempts to fire Knicks employees 52