Jan 3, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
This season continues to be terrible in terms of the game’s best players missing extended time due to injury.
Chris Paul left the Clippers’ win over the Mavericks on Friday with a shoulder injury, one that will apparently cause him to miss at least 3-5 weeks.
Clippers head coach Doc Rivers delivered the news to reporters during his postgame presser.
Paul’s injury just further adds to a long list of star players that have gone down with serious injuries to this point in the season. The Clippers are currently fourth in the West with a record of 23-12, and Paul is averaging 19.6 points, 11.3 assists, 4.7 rebounds and 2.5 steals in 35 minutes per game for the team this year.
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 0
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 4
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 18
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 32