Jan 3, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
This season continues to be terrible in terms of the game’s best players missing extended time due to injury.
Chris Paul left the Clippers’ win over the Mavericks on Friday with a shoulder injury, one that will apparently cause him to miss at least 3-5 weeks.
Clippers head coach Doc Rivers delivered the news to reporters during his postgame presser.
Paul’s injury just further adds to a long list of star players that have gone down with serious injuries to this point in the season. The Clippers are currently fourth in the West with a record of 23-12, and Paul is averaging 19.6 points, 11.3 assists, 4.7 rebounds and 2.5 steals in 35 minutes per game for the team this year.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47