Jan 3, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
This season continues to be terrible in terms of the game’s best players missing extended time due to injury.
Chris Paul left the Clippers’ win over the Mavericks on Friday with a shoulder injury, one that will apparently cause him to miss at least 3-5 weeks.
Clippers head coach Doc Rivers delivered the news to reporters during his postgame presser.
Paul’s injury just further adds to a long list of star players that have gone down with serious injuries to this point in the season. The Clippers are currently fourth in the West with a record of 23-12, and Paul is averaging 19.6 points, 11.3 assists, 4.7 rebounds and 2.5 steals in 35 minutes per game for the team this year.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 4
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10